South Africa Travel Insurance
Known as the ‘rainbow nation’, South Africa has 11 official languages and is a melting pot of African, European and Asian cultures. However, it is not just the culture that makes South Africa such a fantastic holiday destination, but also the dramatic history of Apartheid, and the amazing natural flora and fauna, including the ‘Big Five’; lions, elephants, leopards, buffalos and rhinos.
If you’re planning a trip to South Africa, we have a holiday insurance policy to suit your trip.*
Benefits of our Policy
If you need travel insurance for South Africa, Holidaysafe offer an award winning range of worldwide travel insurance policies to protect you against unexpected disasters. When you buy a travel insurance policy from Holidaysafe, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, repatriation, cash, travel documents and much more.
- Multiple levels of cover allowing you to choose the best policy for your budget and holiday.
- A Doctor managed medical emergency helpline available 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
- 100 sports and activities covered as standard.
- Discounts for couples.
- Kids go free on our family policy.
- No small print.
Simply click ‘Get a Quote’ and remember to select ‘Worldwide Excluding the USA, Caribbean and Canada’ to be covered for your trip.
Key Contact Details and Important Information
Best Time to Visit
The weather in South Africa varies depending on your destination of choice, but generally the best time to visit is in late spring between October and November, or in early autumn between March and April. Outside of these periods you will most likely either find rain or blistering heat, so make sure you do plenty of research before booking your trip.
What to See and Do
There is so much to see and do in South Africa, but here are some of our favourites to add to your itinerary;
- If you’re an animal lover, head to Kruger National Park and spot the ‘Big Five’.
- Take a cable car to the top of Table Mountain and enjoy breath-taking views of Cape Town.
- Go Scuba Diving in Sodwana Bay, or, if you’re feeling brave, go shark cage diving in Gansbaai.
- If you consider yourself a wine connoisseur, visit the vineyards of Stellenbosch and Cape Winelands to sample some amazing wine.
What to Eat and Drink
When it comes to eating in South Africa, sample Cape Malay curries, a typical Durban ‘bunny chow’ (bread filled with curry) and boerewors (South African sausage). You must also try local wines, especially from Cape Winelands, and locally produced beers like too.
Click here to view all countries Holidaysafe can provide cover for.*
*Please note Holidaysafe does not provide cover for any trip which goes against the advice of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Please check the FCO advice on your chosen destination before booking your trip or purchasing our insurance.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- UK based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider’ of the year 2016 & 2014
- Moneyfacts ‘Highly Commended Travel Insurance’ 2013
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.