China Travel Insurance
China is a visually stunning destination and, as one of the most ancient civilisations on earth, is steeped in history, tradition and culture. From the fast paced metropolitan Beijing to ancient temples and palaces, China has so much to offer tourists beyond its Great Wall – which is also well worth a visit!
With over 50 million visitors to China each year it is by far the most popular country in Asia, and one of the most visited destinations in the world, so if you’re planning a trip to China, just remember to invest in quality holiday insurance before you depart.*
Benefits of our Policy
If you need travel insurance for China, Holidaysafe offer an award winning range of worldwide travel insurance policies to protect you against unexpected disasters. When you buy a travel insurance policy from Holidaysafe, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, repatriation, cash, travel documents and much more.
- Multiple levels of cover allowing you to choose the best policy for your budget and holiday.
- 100 sports and activities covered as standard.
- Discounts for couples.
- Kids go free on our family policy.
- No small print.
Simply click ‘Get a Quote’ and remember to select ‘Worldwide Excluding the USA, Caribbean and Canada’ to be covered for your trip.
Key Contact Details and Important Information
Best Time to Visit
China is such a large country that the best time to go really depends on where you are planning to visit. In general though, the best time to visit China is during April and May or September and October, because the weather should be mild and you’ll miss the peak summer tourism rush.
What to See and Do
With nearly fifty UNESCO World Heritage sites in China, you’ll never run out of things to see and do – but here are some of our favourite attractions;
- Walk the Great Wall of China
- See the famous Terra Cotta Warriors of Xi’an
- Visit the famous Imperial Palace or Forbidden Palace
- See some pandas a the Chengdu Panda Centre
- Take a trip to the Huaqing Hot Springs
What to Eat and Drink
There is so much delicious food and drink to sample in China that you could probably arrange an entire trip around sampling delicacies. Make sure you try as many different flavoured teas as possible, and also sample from rice wine too. When it comes to food, try any dish containing duck and don’t forget the chive dumplings.
Click here to view all countries Holidaysafe can provide cover for.*
*Please note Holidaysafe does not provide cover for any trip which goes against the advice of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Please check the FCO advice on your chosen destination before booking your trip or purchasing our insurance.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- UK based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider of the Year' 2014 & 2016
- The British Travel Awards' Bronze Place in the 'Best Travel Insurance Provider' category 2017
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.