Japan Travel Insurance
When thinking about Japan, most will conjure images of geishas, samurais and sushi, but it really does have so much more to offer any traveller looking to experience a different culture. The country’s cities are a mix modern and tradition, where sleek buildings meet temples and ancient traditions. Further away from the cities, Japan has 200 mountains, natural hot springs, and a wealth of ancient shrines and castles just waiting to be explored.
Whether you visit Japan to see the famous cherry blossoms, hike Mount Fuji or experience karaoke in Tokyo, we have a holiday insurance policy to suit your trip.*
Benefits of our Policy
If you need travel insurance for Japan, Holidaysafe offer an award winning range of worldwide travel insurance policies to protect you against unexpected disasters. When you buy a travel insurance policy from Holidaysafe, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, repatriation, cash, travel documents and much more.
- Multiple levels of cover allowing you to choose the best policy for your budget and holiday.
- 100 sports and activities covered as standard.
- Discounts for couples.
- Kids go free on our family policy.
- No small print.
Simply click ‘Get a Quote’ and remember to select ‘Worldwide Excluding the USA, Caribbean and Canada’ to be covered for your trip.
Key Contact Details and Important Information
Best Time to Visit
Typically, October and November tend to be good months to visit Japan, as the weather is fine and mild. However, in April hundreds of cherry trees blossom across Japan, creating a romantic white and pink haze which is widely celebrated by locals, so this is a lovely time to visit. Avoid June to September, as these months bring rain and typhoons to Japan.
What to See and Do
There is so much to see and do in Japan, but here are some of our favourites to add to your itinerary;
- Go to at least one karaoke bar in Tokyo and belt out one of your favourite songs.
- Visit the Tokyo Imperial Palace and walk around the beautiful grounds.
- Hike Mount Fuji for spectacular views.
- Unwind in the hot springs of Noboribetsu.
What to Eat and Drink
Make sure you try ‘Sake’, a traditional Japanese rice wine, and some authentic Sushi.
Click here to view all countries Holidaysafe can provide cover for.*
*Please note Holidaysafe does not provide cover for any trip which goes against the advice of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Please check the FCO advice on your chosen destination before booking your trip or purchasing our insurance.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- UK based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Multiple Which? Best Rate Policies 2010 – 2015!
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider’ of the year 2016 & 2014
- Moneyfacts ‘Highly Commended Travel Insurance’ 2013
- Personal Finance Awards Top 5 Finalist 2012
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.