Thailand Travel Insurance
Thailand is a stunning destination which attracts millions of visitors every year, from students and backpackers to young families and senior travellers. The reason for this mix is simple; Thailand offers something for every type of traveller, from sun drenched beaches and lush jungles to colourful nightlife and beautiful temples.
Whether you’re planning to visit Thailand as part of your gap year, to tick something off your travel bucket list, to indulge in some adventurous activities, or to soak up the vibrant culture with family and friends, we have a holiday insurance policy to suit any trip to Thailand.*
Benefits of our Policy
If you need travel insurance for Thailand, Holidaysafe offer an award winning range of worldwide travel insurance policies to protect you against unexpected disasters. When you buy a travel insurance policy from Holidaysafe, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, repatriation, cash, travel documents and much more.
- Multiple levels of cover allowing you to choose the best policy for your budget and holiday.
- 100 sports and activities covered as standard.
- Discounts for couples.
- Kids go free on our family policy.
- No small print.
Simply click ‘Get a Quote’ and remember to select ‘Worldwide Excluding the USA, Caribbean and Canada’ to be covered for your trip.
Key Contact Details and Important Information
Best Time to Visit
Thailand has three very distinct seasons; hot, cool and rainy. If you’re not looking for rain and or sweltering temperatures then the cool season is probably the best option for you, which runs from December to February. If you want to avoid the crowds, then don’t travel to Thailand in December.
What to See and Do
There is such a varied mix of things to do and see in Thailand that it really depends on why you are travelling there – for sun and relaxation, jungle trekking and exploring or culture and nightlife. Below we have listed a mix of our top things to see and do in Thailand;
- Sun worship on a stunning beach in Phuket.
- Visit the awe-inspiring Temple of the Reclining Buddha, and at least one of the many temples in Chiang Mai.
- No trip to Thailand would be complete without planning a night out in Bangkok.
- Visit the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market.
We’re sure you’ll have seen on the news how dangerous certain Thai resorts can be for tourists, in particular Koh Samui. Take every precaution and always read the Foreign Office country advice for Thailand before you travel.
What to Eat and Drink
Many people are scared to try street food, but in Asia it really is a must. Nevertheless, wherever you choose to eat ensure you order Pad Thai, which is traditional friend noodles, and Khoa Phat, a Thai take on special fried rice. Also make sure you try Satho, a traditional rice wine.
Click here to view all countries Holidaysafe can provide cover for.*
*Please note Holidaysafe does not provide cover for any trip which goes against the advice of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Please check the FCO advice on your chosen destination before booking your trip or purchasing our insurance.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- UK based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider’ of the year 2016 & 2014
- Moneyfacts ‘Highly Commended Travel Insurance’ 2013
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.