- Travel Insurance
- Why Holidaysafe?
- Tips & Advice
- Help Centre
- OTHER INSURANCES
Most people have now seen the infamous and hilarious TV series ‘An Idiot Abroad’ starring Karl Pilkington.
After my blog last week about ‘holiday moans’ I just had to share some of the best comments from his travels.
Here are my top 10:
1. On the Great Wall – “You can see it for miles. Like, it goes over the hills and stuff ….but so does the M6″”
2. “If Camels are the ship of the dessert, this one is the Titanic”
3. On Diana and the Taj Mahal – “If you’re having a low moment in your life, India isn’t a great place to come. I’d have suggested Center Parcs over this place”
4. Pointing at the Pyramids – “It’s like a massive game of Jenga that has got out of hand.”
5. On the Museum of Cairo – “It’s like my Aunt Nora’s house – too many ornaments”
6. “Ricky loves sending me texts cos he know I have to pay for it, look this one just says ‘70p’”
7. “I was woken around 3 a.m. by something outside. I thought it might have been someone trying to break in. It was a chicken. At two in the morning! What is a chicken doing awake at this hour?”
8. “Even my ears are sweating”
9. On the Statue of ‘Christ The Redeemer’ – “The only thing that didn’t look in proportion was his chin. He looked like Jimmy Hill!”
10. “No wonder there is 30 per cent less oxygen here. I think it’s due to all the tourists climbing this hill.”
For award winning worldwide travel insurance protection on your adventures, visit http://www.holidaysafe.co.uk/ and enjoy what the world has to offer.Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.
To get a quote please choose one of the following policy types;