Backpacking – “Dont forget your toothbrush”
If you are embarking on a gap year and have decided to go backpacking, below is a check list to help you on your way. Remember this is just a suggested list, depending on your needs you may pack more or less but remember to always pack light! You never need as much as you think.
• Shaving cream
• Suntan lotion
• Any medicines you need
• Toilet Paper (not many places have it)
• Water Tablets
• Any feminine products you need
• 1 pair of long pants
• 2 pairs of Shorts
• Underwear (as many as you want)
• 1 Long sleeve t-shirt
• 5-6 T-shirts
• Flip flops
• 1 Bathing suit
• 1 Light jacket
• Socks (as many as you want)
• Extra Batteries
• Ipod and charger
• Plug Converter
• Global mobile phone and charger
In addition to all the items you need to pack, above all buy backpacking travel insurance
• One month’s cover starts from as little as £9.33, longer durations start from only 19pence a day!
• Over 100 optional sport and activities covered
• Emergency helpline 24 hours a day, every day
• Activity and stop-over extensions available
• Optional winter sport cover available
• 14 day money back guarantee
• Cover includes medical emergencies, repatriation, personal liability, legal expenses, personal belongings and personal accident
• Cover for trips up to 18 months in duration
• Our backpacker and longstay policies are suitable for people studying abroad
• Buying the cover online gets you a 15% discount.
Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.
Visit Holidaysafe.co.uk for more information.