Cheesy Valentine’s Destinations which are Worth a Visit
As Valentine’s Day draws closer, some are looking forward to spending time with their loved ones, others ignore the hype altogether, and some dread the 14th February.
Unfortunately Valentine’s is an extremely commercialised day; surely we should show our love for our significant other every day, rather than just on one day every year?
The price of chocolates, cards, flowers and nick-knacks all seem to skyrocket, so why waste money on ‘stuff’ when instead you could treat your partner to something they will really cherish.
A romantic trip away is the perfect opportunity to surprise your loved one with a real treat. Whether you make it a weekend valentines break or a summer holiday surprise, it will allow you to spend some quality time together without breaking the bank on ‘I love you’ teddy bears.
Even if you ignore the romantic commotion every year, below we have compiled a list of the top 10 most romantic destinations in the world, some may be cheesy, but they are definitely worth a visit!
1. Paris – the City of Love, enough said! Every couple should visit the Bridge Ponte, where you can attach personalised padlocks to the bridge to symbolise everlasting love.
2. New York –a great romantic destination for metropolitan couples who love to explore.
3. Venice – a gondola ride might seem cheesy, but it is a great experience.
4. Hawaii – the islands of Hawaii offer couples the chance to truly relax and reconnect.
5. The Maldives – beautiful beaches, stunning scenery and great weather.
6. Rome – couples should throw a penny in the Trevi fountain to wish for health and happiness.
7. Seychelles – a popular honeymoon destination, with beautiful beaches and glorious weather.
8. Casablanca – for anyone who loves classic romantic cinema.
9. Tuscany – great food, great wine, great culture, what better place to reconnect.
10. Greece– home of ‘Aphrodite’ the goddess of love, plus many more beautiful highlights.
Enjoy making memories with the people you love, Holidaysafe.co.uk.
Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.