- Travel Insurance
- Why HolidaySafe?
- Tips & Advice
- Help Centre
- OTHER INSURANCES
Some interesting flight facts for the festive season…
• American Airlines saved £27,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
• British Airways launched the world’s first daily scheduled international air service between London and Paris back in 1919. The flight took 2 hours and 30 minutes and cost £21 per passenger.
• Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport is the world’s busiest airport. An airplane takes off or lands every 37 seconds.
• The average number of people airborne over the US at any given point is 61,000.
• Hijacking of airplanes was only outlawed in 1961.
• In 2001, Dubai duty free sold 1,570,214 cartons of cigarettes, 2,003,151 bottles of alcohol, 2,909 kilograms of gold, 101,824 watches, 690,502 bottles of perfume and 52,119 mobile phones.
• In-flight catering is an £12 billion worldwide industry employing nearly 200,000 people.
• KLM is the worlds’ oldest airline established in 1919.
• More than 500 times as many people die on U.S. roads as in airline accidents.
• In Alaska, it is illegal to look at a moose from the window of an aircraft.
• A boeing 747-400 has six million parts, half of which are fasteners.
• The 747-400 wing measures 5,600 square feet (524.9 m 2 ), an area large enough to hold 45 medium-sized automobiles.
• According to FlightSafe Ltd the three safest airlines are KLM, BA and Lufthansa. The three worst airlines to fly with are Cubana, Myanmar Airways and Nigeria Airways.
Don’t forget your holiday insurance! If you’re taking a trip in the near future, make sure you take out holiday insurance before you go. Holidaysafe.co.uk travel insurance offers cover for a family for 7 days in Europe from just £13.70*. You can get a quote and instant cover by going online to www.holidaysafe.co.uk.
* Includes Insurance Premium Tax is based on 2 adults aged under 35 and 2 children aged under 17 taking out a ‘standard’ single trip travel insurance policy for 7 days in Europe. Cover details and prices are correct at time of going to press (December 2008) and are subject to change.Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.
To get a quote please choose one of the following policy types;