How to Keep Safe whilst Skiing this Season
As more and more people head for slopes around the world every year, the likelihood of accidents and injuries become more likely. This could be down to fitness levels, ski skills, equipment, weather, overcrowding or other skiers.
Here are our top tips on staying safe!
To help make sure you are as prepared as possible for your winter sports holiday, we have prepared these short safety points to remember before and during your ski trip;
- Make sure your fitness levels are up before your holiday.
- Choose a resort which suits your plans. For example, if you are a beginner head for resorts with beginner slopes.
- Always invest in specialist Ski Travel Insurance before your trip (visit Holidaysafe.co.uk for more information).
- Check your equipment and safety apparel before use, to make sure it is in good working order.
- Do not attempt anything which you think is outside of your skill level or comfort zone. This should make sure that you stay in control at all times.
- If you do want to attempt something new or more hazardous, (for example skiing off piste,) make sure you consult an instructor or professional first.
- Follow weather and snow forecasts so you are prepared for any changes in conditions.
- Always try to ski with a partner, especially if going off piste, because if anything happens they can help or call for assistance immediately.
- Remember that people ahead of you have right of way, always look uphill and give way when going downhill. This should help to prevent collisions.
- Remember to be considerate and stop in a safe place that does not obstruct other skiers.
- Be observant; always look out for safety or warning signs and follow their advice.
- Be careful when using ski lifts; make sure you know how to use them properly before you try. If you do not feel comfortable, find alternative ways up the mountain.
Author Bio; this was a guest post by www.Snowplaza.co.uk. Snowplaza.co.uk provides maps, news and information about skiing, snowboarding, ski resorts, weather and snow reports. For more advice on skiing holidays, head to http://www.snowplaza.co.uk/blog/.
Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.