Insider Tips for Bagging Cruise Bargains
The Daily Mail recently spoke to a whole host of cruise experts, from Travelzoo, Cruise Lines International Association, CruiseCritic.co.uk, Cruise Nation plus many more, to get their top tips for bagging a bargain….
• Know your seasons – when booking any holiday, most people know that booking outside peak season will give you the best price. However, you have to be very aware of things like bad weather, for example hurricane season in the Caribbean. Do plenty of research before booking anything.
• Be flexible – it may sound obvious, but the more flexible you can be on the travel dates, destination and ship, the more open you will be to a whole host of holiday bargains.
• Book early – if you know exactly what you want then book it as soon as the itinerary is released. This should entitle you to ‘early bird savings’. This could mean booking your cruise up to 24 months in advance, so you need to do your research and stay on top of announcements.
• Book late – if you’re willing to gamble and wait until the last minute, prices tend to drop around 12 weeks before the departure, in an attempt to fill empty cabins.
• Consider an alternative – if you’re a serial cruiser, this type of options may be perfect for you. Consider alternative options such as repositioning cruises, when ships are ‘repositioned’ to another part of the world for the next season. These trips are usually long and only one way, but a great way to experience a real adventure on a budget.
• Forgo a sea view – if you’re not bothered about the view from your room, then choosing a room with an obstructed view can save you a lot of money.
• Don’t forget the extras – when cruising many people forget about the added costs for things like drinks and activities. Look for deals which offer beverage packages or complementary cruise currency to save you money.
If you’re planning a cruise holiday, visit Holidaysafe.co.uk for more information on specialist travel insurance.
Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.