The 200th anniversary of Charles Dickens’ birth falls on the 7th February 2012, and Britain is preparing several events to celebrate his life and massive contribution to English literature. For example, on the actual anniversary there will be a wreath laying ceremony at his recently restored grave in Westminster Abbey.
With this in mind, the Metro travel section has compiled a list of holidays for literature lovers; Their list includes museums and exhibitions of some of literature’s most famous authors.
Here is the list, plus some they missed:
• Dickens Life and Legacy Exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery – in London.
• Keats’ House – in Hampstead.
• Jane Austen’s House Museum – in Chawton.
• Shakespeare’s House and Museum – in Stratford upon Avon.
• The Bronte Sister’s tour – in Haworth.
• John Keats’ House and Grave – in Rome.
• Robert Louis Stevenson’s House – in Samoa.
• Ernest Hemmingway Museum – in Florida.
• Robert Louis Stevenson Silverado Museum – in California.
Whether you’re pursuing your hobbies and passions at home or abroad, visit www.holidaysafe.co.uk for true piece of mind on your travels.
Single Trip Cover starts from as little as £3, and can be tailored to suit your individual needs, from basic travel insurance to the best comprehensive travel cover, all with cheap travel insurance prices to match.
They have a range of travel insurance policies to meet any budget, and their flexible Single Trip Holiday Insurance offers cover for all – the individual, a group of friends, a couple or the whole family, plus they offer discounts for couples and free insurance for children.
Enjoy what the world has to offer www.holidaysafe.co.uk .
Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.