Retired at 23 to go backpacking!
In an age of economic uncertainty and a shortage of jobs, at 23 most people are struggling to climb financial ladders, but not John West – who became Scotland’s youngest ever politician when he entered politics aged 18. Mr West, now 23 has decided to step away from politics to go backpacking for a year around the world.
Mr West shares the attitude of most young travellers; he declared that if he didn’t take the leap while he was young and before he had a house and a family, he never would. He plans to travel to Australia first, and then visit the rest of the world throughout the year.
After making the decision to go travelling, it is extremely important to invest in top quality travel insurance. http://www.holidaysafe.co.uk/ offer excellent cover for gap year travellers through their Backpacker travel insurance policy, which is ideal for students, backpackers and gap year travellers. The policies can be tailored to suit your needs and pocket.
Their backpacker travel insurance policy gives basic travel insurance cover at very competitive prices, including:
- Cover for Trips up to 18 months.
- Europe, Australasia and Worldwide options.
- Two return trips home free of charge.
- Working holidays covered.
- Cover for a selection of sports and activities free of charge, with further extensions available for most other activities.
- Doctor led medical emergency assistance helpline 24 hours a day.
- 14 day money back guarantee.
- Emergency medical expenses including repatriation, personal liability, legal expenses and personal accident.
- Discounts given for couples and families
- A 15% discount when you buy online against our UK customer service centre prices.
Enjoy what the world has to offer with holidaysafe travel insurance
Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.