- Travel Insurance
- Why HolidaySafe?
- Tips & Advice
- Help Centre
- OTHER INSURANCES
Shocking statistics release by Public Health England have recently been released which show that skin cancer admissions have risen by over a third since 2007, from nearly 90,000 cases to over 120,000 in 2011.
• Even when in the UK, you should always wear sun protection. Most moisturisers will now include some SPF protection to ensure you are protected. (TOP TIP – always make sure your sun protection hasn’t expired before use).
• On hot sunny days, always wear sunscreen of at least factor 25 or above on your exposed skin, especially sensitive areas like the face, neck and shoulders.
• On longer days in the sunshine, reapply sun screen every few hours, and after every dip in the pool or sea to avoid burns.
• Drink plenty of water to keep yourself and your skin hydrated.
• When the sun is at its strongest, seek shady areas and wear cover ups like t-shirts and sun hats.
• After a day in the sun, always moisturise the skin using after sun lotions to soothe any irritated areas.
For more travel advice on enjoying the sun responsibly, visit Holidaysafe.co.uk.
To get a quote please choose one of the following policy types;