- Travel Insurance
- Why Holidaysafe?
- Tips & Advice
- Help Centre
- OTHER INSURANCES
The main reason why we enjoy going on holiday, is to unwind and forget the office and things at home generally.
So, here are some tips to ensure that you really can forget about your home whilst you are away.
1) Remember to cancel the milk, and the newspapers (if you have them delivered)
2) Tell you neighbours that you are going away, and ask make sure that nothing is left sticking out of your letterbox
3) Leave a set of keys with a close relative or your neighbour in case they need to get into your home in an emergency.
4) Leave your contact details, including copies of your passports, travel insurance and holiday itinerary with a close relative or a neighbour
5) Put some of your internal lights on timers so that lights come on at different times after dark to make the premises look occupied.
6) If you live in a secluded area you can always advise the police that you are going away so that they can monitor your property on their patrol.
7) Make sure all your doors and windows are closed and securely locked – including any side or back entrances.
8) If you have a burglar alarm make sure that you set it and that the official key-holders know that you are going away.
If you are unfortunate to suffer a burglary at your home whilst you are away, or if you property is damaged by fire, it is only natural that you might want to cut your journey short and return home. Holidaysafe Travel Insurance provides cover for this eventuality, and will cover the additional cost of coming home early, and also cover any unused pre-paid holiday accommodation.
To get a quote please choose one of the following policy types;