- Travel Insurance
- Why Holidaysafe?
- Tips & Advice
- Help Centre
- OTHER INSURANCES
The weather in Britain was absolutely beautiful at the weekend, and with the rest of July set to be just as nice, a staycation could be a great holiday idea for you this summer.
As the name suggests, a ‘staycation’ is a vacation in your home country, and with the British weather finally reflecting the correct season, why not spend your holiday budget in England this year.
By booking a holiday in the UK, not only will you be helping our economy, you will also…avoid the horrible airport experience, be able to bring as much luggage as you like, explore your home country and travel by car, bike, boat or train!
Britain actually has some of the top beaches in the entire world, not to mention stunning landscapes, awesome nature plus a rich history, so a staycation really could offer something for everyone in 2013.
If you’re tempted by the idea of booking a British break this summer, for a long weekend or a bit longer, why not consider our top 10 list below;
1. Bath – a location which has always been one of the most popular UK holiday destinations throughout history cannot be missed.
2. Brighton – great beaches, restaurants, nightlife, spas and hotels – plus the pier!
3. Cornwall – explore stunning coastlines, learn to surf and enjoy iconic attractions.
4. Devon – whether you love luxury hotels and modern shopping or rustic accommodation and ancient ruins, Devon’s mix of coast and country side will satisfy everyone.
5. Dorset – history, landscape and modern activities combine to make Dorset a truly memorable holiday destination.
6. Edinburgh – Edinburgh is a great city which will be loved by any cosmopolitan traveller.
7. The Lake District – if you want to escape modern life and find a place to breathe, the Lake District is perfect for you. Miles of unspoilt countryside and 12 of Britain’s largest lakes means that fresh air and activities are unending.
8. London – there is so much to do and see in London, whether you love history and architecture, art and theatre, or fine food and drink.
9. Stratford-upon-Avon – this may seem like an unusual choice, but Stratford-upon-Avon is a beautiful place steeped in Elizabethan history.
10. Yorkshire – you can discover the great outdoors, England’s heritage, city life, sporting passions or even some great restaurants in Yorkshire.Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.
To get a quote please choose one of the following policy types;