- Travel Insurance
- Why Holidaysafe?
- Tips & Advice
- Help Centre
- OTHER INSURANCES
A backpacking trip is an amazing adventure, but deciding to embark on the trip solo can add another frightening and exciting dimension to the experience.
If you’re planning a solo trip abroad, the destination(s) you choose to visit will have a massive impact on your trip and the experience you have. For example, it is advisable for solo travellers to aim for a mix of destinations, some which allow you to be independent and discover yourself, plus some destination which are popular with travellers, to allow you to socialise and make friends.
To help anyone considering an independent trip, we’ve created our top five solo backpacking destinations;
· Australia – a popular backpacker destination which will allow you time to explore on your own, and time to make friends.
· Costa Rica – in Costa Rica you can find your own paradise island; the amazing beaches, culture and nature will leave a lasting impression.
· Holland – if you’re planning to visit Europe, don’t forget Holland. Hop on a push bike and explore Holland’s canals, gardens and winding streets.
· Malaysia – mountains and rainforests meet a metropolitan melting pot in Malaysia, which makes it the perfect location for anyone keen to explore different cultures.
· The Galapagos Islands – only so many people are allowed in certain parts of the islands at any one time, making it the perfect place for a solo trip, especially if you’re a nature and conservation lover.
Just remember the following checklist before you travel;
. Check the FCO website to make sure your chosen destination is realistically safe for solo travellers.
. Invest in quality travel insurance and make sure it offers all the cover you want and need.
. Wear a fanny pack, and make sure you keep anything important in there, rather than in pockets or bags.
. Photocopy all important documents and keep in a separate location to the originals. Keep a copy of all important contact numbers too.
. Trust your instincts, if you feel under threat or unsure of your surroundings, join a larger group. Avoid walking alone at night.
For more information on specialist backpacking and Longstay travel insurance, including cover for gadgets, visit Holidaysafe.co.uk.Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.
To get a quote please choose one of the following policy types;