The UK’s Best Christmas Markets
Halloween is over and temperatures have dropped, which means it’s time to start thinking about Christmas. Whether you’re a whovillian (someone who adores Christmas) or a scrooge, there is no better way to get in the festive spirit than by exploring some of the UK’s best Christmas markets.
To inspire your next UK break or long weekend away, here are our top five UK Christmas markets;
- Belfast – Traders from all over Europe head to Belfast’s City Hall for the market each year, bringing everything from handbags to hand carved toys with them for you to browse.
- Manchester –Manchester hosts several different markets throughout the city, making it one of the largest in the UK. Stock up on international food and hand-made jewellery.
- Bath – With over 100 different wooden chalets to explore against the backdrop of beautiful Roman architecture, Bath takes the top spot in terms of Christmas atmosphere.
- Leeds – One of the UK’s most established Christmas markets has a lot to offer, but the delicious Frankfurter Scheune and its Bavarian delicacies is not to be missed.
- Birmingham – Offering the largest Christmas market in the world (besides Germany and Austia), Birmingham offers a craft market and ice-skating, making it the perfect family trip.
If you’re planning a UK winter break this festive season, make sure you invest in quality UK travel insurance before you leave home. Many people wrongly assume they don’t need travel insurance when holidaying in their home country, but holiday disasters such as cancellation or damaged possessions can still be costly. Visit Holidaysafe.co.uk for more information on award-winning travel insurance.
Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.