- Travel Insurance
- Why Holidaysafe?
- Tips & Advice
- Help Centre
- OTHER INSURANCES
Getting vaccinations and preventative medicines should be an important part of any traveler’s pre-trip planning, they could be vital to protect your health and make sure you are fully protected against diseases and viruses abroad.
– If you plan to spend time working or visiting poorer communities you will also be more at risk, simply because they have very little medical care.
– Additional precautionary measures might need to be taken if you’re planning to work in a hospital or clinic.
– If your trip will involve contact with wild animals, you could be at risk from diseases such as rabies, which can be spread from animal to human.
– If you’ll be staying in hostels or with groups of people, you will always be more at risk of catching germs.
– The longer you stay, the greater the risk of being exposed to disease and bacteria.
– Your age and health can also make you more vulnerable to infection, discuss any pre-existing conditions with your doctor, as this could affect what medicine you can and can’t have.
. On a final note, always make sure you invest in quality travel insurance with medical cover – just in case.
If you would like more information on travelling and vaccinations, visit Fitfortravel.nhs.uk.
To get a quote please choose one of the following policy types;