Greece Travel Insurance
With around 200 days of sunshine each year, it’s no wonder that millions of tourists flock to Greece each year. The ‘birthplace of civilisation’ has a rich history spanning four millennia, but it’s the beauty of Greece which will keep you returning year after year.
Whether you want to visit ancient ruins, relax on stunning beaches next to crystal clear waters, or lace up your hiking boots for an adventure, we offer holiday insurance to suit any trip to Greece.*
Benefits of our Policy
If you need travel insurance for Greece, Holidaysafe offer an award winning range of European travel insurance policies to protect you against unexpected disasters. When you buy a travel insurance policy from Holidaysafe, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, repatriation, cash, travel documents and much more.
- Multiple levels of cover allowing you to choose the best policy for your budget and holiday.
- 100 sports and activities covered as standard.
- Discounts for couples.
- Kids go free on our family policy.
- No small print.
Simply click ‘Get a Quote’ and remember to select ‘Europe Excluding Spain’ to be covered for your trip.
Key Contact Details and Important Information
Don’t forget to order or take your free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) when travelling in Europe, just in case you need to seek medical treatment during your trip. If you do use the card during your holiday, we’ll waive the policy excess on any medical claim you need to make.
Best Time to Visit
June, July and August are the most popular times to visit Greece, but with guaranteed sunshine comes hordes of tourists. If you would prefer less tourists or slightly cooler temperatures then April, May and September are also great times to visit.
December, February and March are less reliable times to visit Greece in terms of weather; some days can be crystal clear and warm, whereas others can be cold and miserable. It all depends on where in Greece you are planning to travel, so ensure you do plenty of research before booking.
What to See and Do
There is so much which can be added to a Greek itinerary that you might just have to make several trips to tick it all off, but here are some of our favourites;
- The stunning white and blue buildings in Santorini have become synonymous with Greece, so watching the sun set over the island is a must for any traveller.
- If you’re looking for an active holiday, then why not challenge yourself to climb Mount Olympus in search of the ancient Gods?
- No trip to Greece would be complete without visiting the Acropolis in Athens – the birth place of civilisation
- The island of Corfu has a beautiful ‘old town’, complete with fort, cricket pitch, museums, shops and Venetian architecture.
- Visit an authentic tavern and indulge in some plate smashing.
What to Eat and Drink
The food in Greece is simply delicious from authentic moussaka to fresh sea food. However, the real speciality is the meze, a selection of smaller dishes including fresh pitta bread, tzatziki (yogurt and cucumber dip), saganaki (fried cheese), kleftiko (slow cooked lamb), and souvlaki (meat kebabs).
Click here to view all countries Holidaysafe can provide cover for.*
*Please note Holidaysafe does not provide cover for any trip which goes against the advice of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Please check the FCO advice on your chosen destination before booking your trip or purchasing our insurance.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- UK based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Which? Recommended Provider for Travel Insurance May 2017
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider’ of the year 2016 & 2014
- Moneyfacts ‘Highly Commended Travel Insurance’ 2013
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.