Spain Travel Insurance
With around 60 million tourists every year, Spain is one of the most popular holiday destinations in the world, let alone Europe. A title it so rightly deserves, with 5,000 miles of beaches, a massive 43 UNESCO World Heritage sites, and a range of cities and islands just waiting to be explored, it’s no wonder that so many Brits flock to Spain every year.
Whether you want to relax in the Canary Islands, explore Barcelona or dance the night away in Ibiza, we offer holiday insurance to suit any trip to Spain.*
Benefits of our Policy
If you need travel insurance for Spain, Holidaysafe offer an award winning range of European travel insurance policies to protect you against unexpected disasters. When you buy a travel insurance policy from Holidaysafe, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, repatriation, cash, travel documents and much more.
- Multiple levels of cover allowing you to choose the best policy for your budget and holiday.
- 100 sports and activities covered as standard.
- Discounts for couples.
- Kids go free on our family policy.
- No small print.
Simply click ‘Get a Quote’ and remember to select ‘Europe Including Spain’ to be covered for your trip.
Key Contact Details and Important Information
Did you know our own Government says you are more likely to receive appropriate medical care in a public hospital in Spain than in a private clinic? Remember to order or take your free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) when travelling in Europe, just in case you need to seek medical treatment during your trip. If you do use the card during your holiday, we’ll waive the policy excess on any medical claim you need to make. If you think you need medical attention, our 24-hour assistance team are on hand to guide you to the most appropriate place to get the treatment you need.
Best Time to Visit
Just as Spain offers a wide range of experiences, so does its weather, so the best time of year really depends on which part of Spain you intend to visit. Broadly speaking, the best time to visit is between May and October, with temperatures (and tourist season) reaching peak between June and August.
During the winter months, the weather in the high central plains (including places like Madrid) becomes bitterly cold, the Atlantic Coast can become damp and misty in December, but the Mediterranean is your best bet for winter sun, as it stays relatively warm all year round.
What to See and Do
There is so much which can be added to a Spanish itinerary that you might just have to make several trips to tick it all off, but here are some of our favourites;
- Wherever you visit in Spain you should try to see some authentic Flamenco Dancing, to give you a taste of the true culture.
- If you have a passion for history then Segovia’s ancient roman ruins should be top of your list.
- If you prefer architecture, then Barcelona will not disappoint, the unfinished beauty of the Sagrada Familia (Church of the ‘Sacred Family’) is a must see.
- More into beaches? Head to the Costa Del Sol for miles of stunning beaches and warm sun – don’t forget to grab a sangria at a beach front restaurant and watch the world go by.
- If you’re feeling really adventurous, you could even watch or take part in the annual ‘running of the bulls’ in Pamplona.
What to Eat and Drink
Spain is famous for its delicious range of food and drink, but every traveller should try authentic paella, a jug of sangria and some freshly caught sea food.
Click here to view all countries Holidaysafe can provide cover for.*
*Please note Holidaysafe does not provide cover for any trip which goes against the advice of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Please check the FCO advice on your chosen destination before booking your trip or purchasing our insurance.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- UK based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider’ of the year 2016 & 2014
- Moneyfacts ‘Highly Commended Travel Insurance’ 2013
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.