- Travel Insurance
- Why Holidaysafe?
- Tips & Advice
- Help Centre
- OTHER INSURANCES
Social media is becoming an ever increasing presence when it comes to travel, especially sites like Facebook and Instagram, where tourists can share their holiday snaps with all of their friends and family. Now Instagram have revealed the most popular 2015 destinations based on their users uploaded images.
Apparently there are over 350 million travel related images on Instagram, many of which have been ‘geotagged’ by the user, meaning that the location of the image can be tracked. Using this technology, Instagram have now been able to reveal the top Instagrammed destinations of 2015;
1. Disney Land – California, USA
2. Times Square – New York, USA
3. Central Park – New York, USA
4. The Eiffel Tower – Paris, France
5. Walt Disney World – Florida, USA
6. Musée du Louvre — Paris, France
7. Dodgers Stadium – California, USA
8. Santa Monica Pier – Santa Monica, USA
9. Madison Square Garden – New York, USA
10. Red Square – Moscow, Russia
11. Universal Studios – California, USA
12. Siam Paragon – Bangkok, Thailand
13. Ibirapuera Park — Sao Paulo, Brazil
14. Yankee Stadium – New York, USA
15. Metropolitan Museum of Art – New York, USA
16. Golden Gate Bridge – California, USA
17. Brooklyn Bridge – New York, USA
18. Empire State Building – New York, USA
19. Disneyland – Tokyo, Japan
20. Disneyland – Paris, France
As you can see, the USA is a firm favourite when it comes to travel snaps on Instagram, with Paris completing the top 5 destinations.
If you’re planning a holiday, don’t forget to invest in quality travel insurance to protect you and your trip against any unforeseen disasters. Remember to add our affordable gadget extension too, to protect your smart phone whilst Instagramming!Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.
To get a quote please choose one of the following policy types;