Cuba Travel Insurance
Cuba is a truly fascinating destination, where sun soaked beaches, pastel buildings, 1950s cars and Afro-Cuban rhythms mask a fraught history full of embargoes and Communist rule. However, this hardship has only strengthened the Cuban spirit and made this country a must visit for any beach, culture, music or culture lover.
Whether you choose to relax on white sand beaches and dive some of the best sites in the world, or explore Cuba’s rich history at the Museum of the Revolution, we have a holiday insurance policy to suit your trip.*
Benefits of our Policy
If you need travel insurance for Cuba, Holidaysafe offer an award winning range of worldwide travel insurance policies to protect you against unexpected disasters. When you buy a travel insurance policy from Holidaysafe, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, repatriation, cash, travel documents and much more.
- Multiple levels of cover allowing you to choose the best policy for your budget and holiday.
- 100 sports and activities covered as standard.
- Discounts for couples.
- Kids go free on our family policy.
- No small print.
Simply click ‘Get a Quote’ and remember to select ‘Worldwide Including the USA, Caribbean and Canada’ to be covered for your trip.
Key Contact Details and Important Information
Best Time to Visit
Tourists tend to flock to Cuba between June and November, when the temperature soars and rain is likely due to the humidity. However, the best time to plan a trip to Cuba is actually between December and May, when temperatures are warm and the sun is shining.
What to See and Do
When visiting Cuba it is important that you find the right balance between relaxing in the sun and immersing yourself in the Cuban culture. Some of our top things to do are listed below to help get your itinerary started;
- Experiencing the Havana night life is an absolute must.
- Relax on one of Cuba’s stunning beaches, and indulge in some water sports.
- Wander around Old Havana and marvel at the pastel coloured buildings and 1950s cars.
- To understand the Cuban history and culture, make sure you visit Cuba’s Museo de la Revolucion and one of the famous cigar factories.
Did you know most UK telephone networks block calls to Cuban numbers? We recommend you try to secure internet access for your stay there so you can keep in touch with friends and family back home and, of course, have a means of communicating with us if you hit problems.
What to Eat and Drink
A rum cocktail is a must whilst in Cuba, and make sure you try Cajita (a delicious mix of rice, beans, meat and vegetables) at least once.
Click here to view all countries Holidaysafe can provide cover for.*
*Please note Holidaysafe does not provide cover for any trip which goes against the advice of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Please check the FCO advice on your chosen destination before booking your trip or purchasing our insurance.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- UK based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider’ of the year 2016 & 2014
- Moneyfacts ‘Highly Commended Travel Insurance’ 2013
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.