Over 65s Travel Insurance
Whoever said that travelling is only for the young was totally out of touch with the modern world. Today’s so-called ‘senior citizens’ are fitter and stronger than their predecessors, and 70 is definitely the new 40! However, as we get older, some of us may have problems obtaining reasonably priced travel insurance.
At Holidaysafe we believe that more mature travellers shouldn’t be discriminated against simply because of their age, which is why we offer a range of policies suitable for Over 65s.
Over 65s Travel Insurance Benefits
- Single Trip policies with no upper age limits and Multi Trip policies for anyone 79 and under (*depending on your age, trip duration and destination of choice).
- A range of policies, cover levels and extensions are available, so you can tailor your policy to suit your needs. (Please note, if you’re planning a cruise you will need to purchase our Cruise Extension, otherwise you will not be covered for Cruising).
- Cover for UK, European and Worldwide destinations available.
- Cover for cancellation, medical emergencies, repatriation, personal belongings, cash, travel documents and much more.
- Discounts for couples and children under 18 are covered for free on our family policy (this includes Grandchildren).
Travel Insurance for Over 65s with Existing Medical Conditions
At Holidaysafe we understand that everyone has some type of medical history, whether that be broken bones, ongoing but stable conditions like asthma and diabetes or more serious illnesses like cancer. Our specialist Protectif medical risk rating service allows us to more accurately assess an individual’s circumstances, allowing it to more accurately assess the risks and offer a fairer price, so you can ensure all your conditions are covered.
Get a Quote
All Holidaysafe Travel Insurance policies are able to include cover for hundreds of medical conditions, and declaring them online is quick and simple thanks to the specialist Protectif medical risk rating service.
Some of the most common ones include:
- High blood pressure / hypertension
- High cholesterol
- Underactive thyroid / hypothyroidism
- Diabetes (both type 1 and type 2)
- Food allergies and intolerance
- Heart conditions
- and many more…
Holidaysafe Insurance has been rated 5 / 5 based on 130 customer reviews
"The young lady who helped us was polite, professional and very efficient. I am not overly confident on the internet and she helped to ensure that we had the right policy for our needs. Thank you."
Mrs Franklin, Malton
Read More Reviews
"I talked with a very helpful and friendly advisor who walked me through the various options. I had a lot to consider and she gave me confidence in making the best choice to suit my needs. The prices are very competitive and I would definitely use Holidaysafe again."
Mrs Wright, Derbyshire
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- UK based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Multiple Which? Best Rate Policies 2010 – 2015!
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider’ of the year 2016 & 2014
- Moneyfacts ‘Highly Commended Travel Insurance’ 2013
- Personal Finance Awards Top 5 Finalist 2012
Most of us dread the idea of growing old, but not everyone has to become a Victor Meldrew character, and in fact recent research has suggested that people in their 60s and 70s are fundamentally happier than those between the ages of 30 and 50.
According to recent research by Silver Travel Advisor, 83% of over 50s feel they have over 25 healthy years of travel ahead of them, 74% are taking more holidays than they did before they turned 50, and 43% feel more adventurous in their 50s than they have before!
As we at Holidaysafe know first-hand, the majority of today’s ‘elderly’ are now using their retirement to travel the world, ticking items off an ever-growing bucket list of amazing experiences and adventures. Whoever said that travelling is only for the young was totally out of touch with the modern world. Today’s so-called ‘senior citizens’ are […]
Travel Tips & Advice
For many Over 65s seeing the world is the number one aim of their retirement, but where do you start? Below we have created a quick guide on everything from saving money to bucket list inspiration, to help anyone planning an adventurous retirement. Bucket List Inspiration You probably already have an extensive list of countries […]
Taking regular and prescribed medication can add a whole new level of stress and anxiety to travelling – what if the airline loses your luggage with your medication inside? What if disrupting your routine affects your health? Are you even allowed to travel with ‘drugs’? Don’t panic – thousands of people travel with medication every […]
Today’s ‘senior citizens’ are fitter and stronger than ever before, proving once and for all that travel isn’t just for the ‘young’ but the young at heart too! However, once you turn 65 or 66 you may find yourself pushed into a new age bracket, which may make it harder to find reasonably priced travel […]
**Pricing based on a 74-year-old travelling to Europe for three days
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.