Infinity Insurance Solutions Ltd (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
What we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information by filling in forms on our site Holidaysafe.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the customer area of our site, seek a quote, participate in our medical screening process, take out a policy with us, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, leave a testimonial and/or star rating on our site, enter a competition, participate in a promotion or survey, update or change your policy, reprint your policy, submit a claim via post or on-line, cancel your policy and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your:
- Name and date of birth
- Contact information including postal and email address and phone number
- Details of your travel plans and arrangements
- Other information you give us in response to a survey relevant to advertisements and/or offers
- Information about any medical conditions you may have
- Payment card details where required to process purchases
If you are the lead traveller on a policy you are taking out on behalf of a family, couple or group, by taking out the policy you are representing to us that you have obtained the other travellers’ permission to pass their information to us.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect information such as:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
What we do with the information we gather
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services we feel may interest you. If you became an existing customer before 19th December 2016, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about products and services similar to a previous policy issued to you or a quote previously requested by you, or with content relevant to the medical conditions you have declared to us. If you are a new customer or became a customer on or after 4th August 2016, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the form on which we collect your email address for the purpose of sending you your quotation;
- to notify you about changes to our site, products or services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- for underwriting, pricing, insurance rating analysis and testing purposes, and to maintain management information for business analysis.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Online Advertising we use
We use Google Analytics and other similar companies’ third-party audience data such as age, gender and interests to gain a better understanding of the behaviour of our customers and work with companies that collect information about your online activities to provide advertising targeted to suit your interests and preferences. For example, you may see certain ads on our site or other websites because we contract with Google and other similar companies to target our ads based on information we or they have collected, including information that was collected through automated means (such as cookies and web beacons). These companies also use automated technologies to collect information when you click on our ads, which helps us to track and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
How to opt out of remarketing and advertising
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Infinity Insurance Solutions Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- In order to enforce any agreement with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Infinity Insurance Solutions Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may of course be obliged at law to pass on your information to the police or any other statutory or regulatory authority and in some cases, exemptions may apply under the Data Protection Act 1998, whereby we can legitimately release personal data e.g. to prevent or detect crime or in connection with legal proceedings.
Dealing with other people
It is our policy to deal with your spouse, partner or parent who calls us on your behalf, provided they are named on the policy or are able to supply two of the following pieces of information: your policy number, date of birth and postcode. If you would like someone else to deal with your policy on your behalf on a regular basis please contact us (in writing). In some exceptional cases we may also deal with other people who call on your behalf, with your consent. If at any time you would prefer us to deal only with you, please contact us.
Security and where we store your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access the customer area of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information that you supply about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our site in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our site.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, for which a small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the address provided below. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at one of the addresses provided below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our site, look for the box that you can untick to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at one of the addresses provided below
email us at:
or write to us at:
The Information Officer,
Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.
Infinity Insurance Solutions Ltd,
1 Tower View,