Holidaysafe is a trading name of Travel Insurance Facilities Plc. We are devoted to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligation and requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the method the website processes, stores and protects user’s data and information will also be detailed in this policy.
The policy below outlines our practice and views in regards to your personal data and how we will process it. The information below will provide you the opportunity to validate consent, exercise your rights and ultimately decide whether or not to consent to the method we use. This can occur if you visit tifgroup website, telephoning the call centre, purchasing a policy or making a claim under the policy.
The website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website acts in accordance with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about user’s interaction and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within the website.
Whilst using our website, software applications or services, you may be required to provide personal information, for example:
- Name and date of birth
- Contact information including postal and email address and phone number
- Details of your travel plans and arrangements
- Other information you give us in response to a survey relevant to advertisements and/or offers
- Information about any medical conditions you may have
- Payment card details where required to process purchases
We will use this information to administer our website, application, client databases and marketing material. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation. Further, by providing telephone, fax and email, you consent to tifgroup contacting you using that method. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you, deprived of any remuneration. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at:
The Information Officer
Travel Insurance Facilities Group
1 Tower View
You may also choose to restrict the collection or use of personal information in two ways. When you are asked to fill in an application on the website, you may untick the box asking to use your information for direct marketing purposes.
Information collection and use
How do we collect information?
tifgroup collects information in three possible ways:
A. When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you fill in forms on the website, purchase our products or communicate with us by telephone, email or otherwise, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information- for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it. In addition, if you are the lead traveller on a policy who is purchasing the policy on behalf of your family, couple or group, you will be responsible in obtaining consent in order for us to process their personal data.
B. When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smart phone.
C. When you visit our site we may automatically collect information
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and version, operating system and platform
- Information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to, though and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How long do we keep your data for?
tifgroup will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold the information for a period where the purpose is in existence, for example when your account is live or when needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support- related reporting and trend analysis only. If legally required or if it is reasonable necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after your quote or policy has expired for us to provide the services to you.
We will collate personal information if you use any of the websites we incline to operate or through other services we provide. In these circumstances we will inform you when such information is collected and equate the information with the data on the website to narrow our marketing audiences. We work closely with third parties to obtain personal information for instance, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any members of our tifgroup, in other words our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If tifgroup or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- In order to enforce any agreement with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of tifgroup, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may of course be obliged at law to pass on your information to the police or any other statutory or regulatory authority and in some cases, exemptions may apply under the Data Protection Act 1998, whereby we can legitimately release personal data e.g. to prevent or detect crime or in connection with legal proceedings.
Storage of collected information
All information that is provided is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself. We will do our best to protect and keep your information wholly secure. Despite our efforts to keep your information secure we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to our site; any transmission
How to opt out of remarketing and advertising
Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.