Study Abroad Travel Insurance Extension
With rising tuition fees and fierce competition for graduate positions, students are now forced to look for ways to make themselves stand out, and studying abroad is a very popular option. Not only will a year abroad broaden your horizons and allow you to experience another culture, it will also show bravery, life experience and language skills on your CV, immediately making you an interesting prospect to employers.
If you are planning to study abroad, whether as part of your university course or as a work placement, it is important that you invest in specialist international student insurance to protect you and your trip against a holiday disaster. Holidaysafe’s study abroad insurance offers the following benefits;
- Suitable for anyone studying at a University or work placement abroad.
- Available on our Longstay and Longstay Plus policies, so you can choose a policy to suit your trip and budget.
- Up to £6,000 towards the cost of pre-paid tuition fees if you are unable to go on your trip.
- Up to £6,000 towards a pro-rata refund of unused tuition fees if you are forced to cut your trip short.
- Up to £250 additional cover for gadgets (in additional to the gadget cover provided as standard) in case they are accidentally damaged, stolen or lost.
- Up to four return trips home (of up to 28 days each) during the life of your policy without breaking your cover, so you go home at the end of each term or if you’re home sick and fancy a visit.
Simply click the ‘Get a Quote’ button at the top of the page, select our Backpacker & Longstay range, and then add the Study Abroad Extension to your policy on the options page of the quote process.
Holidaysafe’s Longstay policies offer the following benefits;
- Trips up to 24 months in duration are covered.
- You can also extend your cover at any time during your trip if you decide to stay away longer, as long as your entire trip is no longer than 24 months.
- Europe and Worldwide destination options available.
- Cover for medical emergencies, cancellation, repatriation, curtailment, personal belonging including gadgets, personal liability and legal cover.
- Our Longstay Plus policy also offers cover for hijack, mugging and catastrophe.
- Non-manual work covered as standard, such as bar work.
- Automatic cover for 100 activities free of charge, with the option to extend your cover to include many more, including winter sports.
For more information about the options available to you, visit our policy wording page for full details of the cover available, or contact us directly.
Enjoy what the world has to offer as you study, with Holidaysafe.co.uk.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- UK based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider of the Year' 2014 & 2016
- The British Travel Awards' Bronze Place in the 'Best Travel Insurance Provider' category 2017
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.