Gap Year in a War Zone
It has recently been reported that an Australian student named Tom Lee, decided to take a gap year. Not very strange you may say, but he decided to travel to war torn Libya.
The Sydney University student wanted an adventure, as well as gaining experience as a war journalist and photographer for his CV. Therefore, he spent six weeks witnessing the brutal Civil War which eventually lead to Gaddafi’s capture and death. Lee even boasts that he saw Gaddafi’s body. Worryingly, this is becoming a more common occurrence, with the internet making it all too easy for young and adventurous people to access dangerous and sometimes hostile countries.
Thankfully, most still choose the more normal gap year, which involves experiencing culture, history, art and adventure. If you’re thinking about a gap year, travel insurance should be top of your list of priorities.
Travel insurance specialists, Holidaysafe provides excellent cover through their Backpackers travel insurance policy, which is ideal for students, backpackers and gap year travellers. The policies can be tailored to suit your needs and budget, and each policy includes:
Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.
• Cover for Trips up to 18 months.
• Europe, Australasia and Worldwide options.
• Two return trips home free.
• Working holidays covered.
• Cover for a selection of sports and activities free of charge, with further extensions available
• Medical emergency assistance helpline 24 hours a day.
• 14 day money back guarantee.
• Emergency medical expenses including repatriation, personal liability, legal expenses and personal accident.
• Discounts given for couples and families
• A 15% discount when you buy online against our UK customer service centre prices.