New Safety Measures for Cruises
After the deaths of 32 people on the Costa Concordia, the European Cruise Council and Cruise Lines International Association have announced new safety procedures, which will be implemented immediately.
In January the Concordia capsized, after it was reported that the Captain sailed too close to some rocks, and was distracted when he invited a woman up to the bridge. This sparked anger world wide, and caused an industry wide safety review.
Some of the new safety procedures include;
- Every Ship must carry extra Life Jackets – more than one per passenger.
- Restricted access to the Bridge during difficult procedures, to reduce distractions.
- Every vessel’s route will be planned by a chosen officer. This will then be approved by a Master and then told to every employee on the bridge before they sail.
At Holidaysafe.co.uk we have specifically designed travel insurance for people who love to Cruise. Our Cruise Travel Insurance covers;
· Cancellation cover up to £9,999.
· Ship to shore repatriation and cabin confinement.
· Formal cruise attire if lost damaged or delayed.
· Cancelations immediately after policy purchase.
· Excursions that have been pre-booked and pre-paid before the start of your trip.
· Trips from 2 days – 18 months.
· UK, Europe and worldwide options available.
· Our family travel insurance offers FREE cover for kids.
· Some sporting and other activities are covered automatically, with an extension of the cover available for most others.
· Doctor led emergency helpline 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
· Cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, cash and travel documents and much more.
· 14 day money back guarantee.
Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.