And the Winner of our Post Brexit Travel Survey is…
Earlier this month we launched a post Brexit travel survey, to find out if our decision to leave the EU had impacted your travel plans. Over 3,000 people completed the survey, so we wanted to share the results with you in this blog, and announce the winner of our prize draw.
Firstly, we would like to thank everyone who took the time to complete the survey; your participation is greatly appreciated. As a small token of our appreciation, we’ve picked one lucky respondent to win a £100 John Lewis voucher, and I am very happy to announce that the winner is Miss Pears from West Lothan.
Now, on to the results of our survey;
- Over 90% of travellers told us that the Brexit had not impacted their travel plans.
- Over 80% of travellers would not consider travelling to Tunisia for their winter break, even if it was to be declared safe by the FCO.
- 75% of our respondents will not be taking a foreign holiday during the autumn half term this year, preferring to stay home.
- Over 80% of travellers state that migration and terrorism issues have not made them more interested in taking a staycation rather than international travel.
- Fluctuations in the US Dollar and GBP have not affected travellers’ plans.
The findings show that people are quite rightly worried about travelling to countries deemed unsafe by the FCO (like Tunisia), however, it is positive to see that terrorism and migration issues have not made travellers wary of international travel on the whole.
If you’re planning a trip abroad but are worried about any of the issues we have discussed above, you can contact us to discuss situations your travel insurance can cover, and visit the FCO website for up to date safety information on your chosen destination.
Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.