World Travel Market Identifies 2015 Travel Trends
World Travel Market is one of the biggest dates on the global travel calendar. The annual event, held at ExCel London, brings together over 50,000 senior travel industry experts (including Ministers, Journalists and Bloggers) to network and discuss the next year in travel.
This year professionals have made some very interesting predicitions about travel in 2015, and have highlighted nine emerging trends;
1) Travellers will boycott expensive restaurants in favour of eating meals, or taking cookery classes in the homes of local people, for an authentic taste of local cuisine.
2) The growing popularity of cycling holidays will continue in 2015, and will in fact endanger golf tourism in some countries, especially in the USA.
3) Africa will be the top surfing spot in the world in 2015.
4) For people planning a staycation next year, many UK travellers will opt to stay in posh hotels – nicknamed ‘poshtels’, which combine style and technology for a budget friendly luxury break.
5) The Middle East will be popular for design tourists, following a creative tourism push.
6) India’s famous rail network will be boosted by online and mobile bookings.
7) You’ve heard of WhatsApp, but have you heard of WeChat? Apparently the app will be extremely popular next year as a travel sales channel (especially for China).
8) Hotel Chains will start to offer reward schemes for people who share images and reviews of their hotel rooms on social media.
9) Experts at WTM even went so far as stating predictions for 2016 too – wearable technology like watches and glasses will become more important in travel, from finding and booking trips, to digital hotel keys and boarding passes.
If you’re planning a trip in 2015, just remember to invest in quality travel insurance to protect you against a holiday disaster. If you’re planning more than two trips next year, a Multi Trip policy may be more cost effective for you, and will cover unlimited trips for 12 months, so you can take those UK breaks for the ‘poshtels’ experience, and even a surf trip to Africa, plus much more.
Visit Holidaysafe for more information on award winning holiday insurance.
Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.