Top European Adventure Holidays
For many, the idea of sitting on a beach for ten days is their idea of holiday hell, so for these people we’ve created our top ten activity holidays in Europe, to ensure you have a fun and memorable adventure holiday this summer.
- Canyoning in Corsica – canyoning is just one of many adventure activities available on the French island of Corsica. Challenging hikes, abseiling, rock scrambling and swimming are also up for grabs, so make sure you fill your time!
- Cycling in Romania – love to explore on two wheels? Then Romania is the perfect place for a Cycling holiday. Discover ancient forests, UNESCO protected villages, and lots of other amazing historical and cultural sites too.
- Horse riding in Turkey – according to The Telegraph, the Persians named Cappadocia (a semi-arid region of central Turkey) ‘the land of beautiful horses’ because of the wild mountain ponies found in this beautifully varied landscape.
- Mountain walking in Wales – if you’re looking for a challenging staycation, then head for Snowdonia in Wales. You don’t need specialist equipment to climb the 1,085m mountain, just good walking boots and a lot of stamina.
- Road tripping in Norway – the Trollstigen road is famous amongst petrol heads for its hairpin bends and winding shape, but Norway should really be appreciated for its spectacular views and beautiful scenery.
- Sea kayaking in Estonia – kayaking is the perfect way to explore the 1,500 islands, many of which were used for Soviet operations in the 1950s, but now serve as havens for wildlife. Look out for old watchtowers, abandoned farmhouses and beautiful birdlife.
- Trekking in Iceland – wild ponies, hot springs, glaciers, waterfalls and volcanic landscapes make Iceland the perfect place for a good old trek. There are some amazing deals on trips to Iceland at the moment, so start your research now.
- Triathlon training in France – if you want to use your holiday to really achieve something, then why not plan to train for that Triathlon you’ve always wanted to do? You can join professional athletes in the French Alps if you so wish.
- Wildlife spotting in Spain – if you’re passionate about wildlife then head to coastal Doñana national park south of Seville or the Andújar natural park in Andalucia to spot the rarest cat in the world; the Lynx.
- Yoga in Italy – this may not sound very thrilling, but if you want to escape the rate race, find your inner ‘Zen’, strengthen your muscles and lose a few pounds, a yoga retreat may be the perfect holiday for you. Do plenty of research to avoid over paying.
Before you depart, just remember to invest in quality travel insurance to cover yourself, your activity and your trip. Most standard travel insurance policies will only cover a handful of ‘low-risk’ activities free of charge, so it is really important that you check your policy and add the relevant covers if necessary. Visit Holidaysafe.co.uk for more information on planning the perfect adventure activity holiday, and don’t forget to get a free no obligation travel insurance quotation during your visit.
Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.