TripAdvisor Reveal Britain’s Best Beaches
Many holidaymakers will travel thousands of miles away from the UK to find a beautiful beach, but TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice Awards have highlighted just how many spectacular beaches the UK has to offer. The annual awards crowned Woolacombe Beach in Devon as Britain’s best beach, for the second year in a row, and shortlisted a further 24 runners up.
The top 25 included;
1. Woolacombe Beach, Woolacombe, Devon
2. Weymouth Beach, Weymouth, Dorset
3. St. Brelade’s Bay Beach, St. Brelade, Jersey
4. Rhossili Bay, Rhossili, Swansea
5. Porthmeor Beach, St Ives, Cornwall
6. Fistral Beach, Newquay, Cornwall
7. Porthminster Beach, St Ives, Cornwall
8. Perranporth Beach, Perranporth, Cornwall
9. Hengistbury Head, Bournemouth, Dorset
10. Luskentyre, Isle of Harris
11. Bournemouth Beach, Bournemouth, Dorset, England
12. Filey Beach, Filey, Yorkshire, England
13. Sandbanks, Poole, Dorset England
14. Whitby Beach, Whitby, Yorkshire, England
15. Scarborough Beach, Scarborough, Yorkshire, England
16. Porthgwidden Beach, St Ives, Cornwall, England
17. Gorleston Beach, Gorleston-on-Sea, East Anglia, England
18. Porth Beach, Newquay, Cornwall, England
19. Crantock Beach, Crantock, Cornwall, England
20. Barafundle Beach, Stackpole, Pembrokeshire, Wales
21. Nairn Beach, Nairn, Scottish Highlands, Scotland
22. Wells Next The Sea Beach, Wells-next-the-Sea, East Anglia, England
23. Barmouth Beach, Barmouth, North Wales, Wales
24. Goodrington Sands, Paignton, Devon, England
25. Castle Beach, Tenby, Pembrokeshire, Wales
Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.
Not only are these beaches beautiful and right on your doorstep, but five out of the top ten beach destinations above also offer fantastic hotels for under £200 a night, meaning that a UK break this summer could save you money on travel and accommodation.
For more information on UK travel and holiday insurance, visit Holidaysafe.co.uk.