The World’s Best Airport Lounges Revealed
Leading lounge access club Priority Pass, which offers travellers access to over 1,000 lounges in over 500 cities worldwide, recently held its annual ‘Global Airport Lounge of the Year Awards 2016’, and the winner was actually here in the UK.
Over 6,000 members of the club rated their experiences on things like available facilities, service and quality of refreshments, to find the world’s top lounges.
Interestingly, the overall winner, European winner and winner of best refreshments was the Plaza Premium Lounge at London Heathrow’s Terminal 2, which was chosen due to its contemporary design, private bedrooms, showers and wellness spa, plus its delicious champagne and tapas bar.
The Club at San Jose CA Mineta International airport took the North American crown, and Asiana Lounge at Seoul Incheon International took the top spot for Asia Pacific. The full list of winners can be found below;
- Global – Plaza Premium Lounge, London Heathrow
- Europe – Plaza Premium Lounge, London Heathrow
- Africa and the Middle East – Petra Lounge, Amman Queen Alia International
- Asia Pacific – Asiana Lounge, Seoul Incheon International
- North America – The Club, San Jose CA Mineta International
- Latin America and the Caribbean – VIP Lounge, Guadalajara Miguel Hidalgo International
- Best Quality of Refreshments – Plaza Premium Lounge, London Heathrow
- Best Business Facilities – Preludium, Warsaw Frederic Chopin
- Best Attitude and Service from Lounge Staff – Alaska Lounge, Seattle WA – SeaTac
When booking your trip (and lounge access) just remember to invest in quality travel insurance to protect you and your trip against any unexpected disasters. Visit Holidaysafe.co.uk for more information.
Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.