Columbia Travel Insurance
In the past, Columbia has been famed for its criminal activity, however, it is an amazing destination which is now starting to shed its negative reputation to reveal unique beauty and attractions. Although security has massively improved in the country, the FCO still advises against ‘all but essential’ travel to certain parts, so ensure you do plenty of research before booking. Once you’ve found an FCO approved location, remember to invest in quality travel insurance before you depart.*
Benefits of our Policy
If you need travel insurance for Colombia, Holidaysafe offers an award-winning range of worldwide travel insurance policies to protect you against unexpected disasters. When you buy a travel insurance policy from Holidaysafe, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, repatriation, cash, travel documents and much more.
- Multiple levels of cover allowing you to choose the best policy for your budget and holiday.
- 100 sports and activities covered as standard.
- Discounts for couples.
- Kids go free on our family policy.
- No small print.
Simply click ‘Get a Quote’ and remember to select ‘Worldwide Excluding the USA, Caribbean, Canada and Mexico’ to be covered for your trip.
Key Contact Details and Important Information
Best Time to Visit
If you’re looking for sunny skies and warm temperatures, then the best time to visit Colombia is between December and January, but be aware that holiday prices will be at their highest. Prices are at their lowest during October and November; however, you could risk wet weather and flash floods. From March to September you will be gambling with the weather, however, July to October does offer great opportunities for whale watching.
What to See and Do
There is so much to see and do in Colombia, but here are some of our favourites to add to your itinerary;
- No trip to Colombia would be complete without exploring its capital; Bogota,
- Visit the medieval beauty of Cartagena and explore the many monasteries, palaces and plazas.
- Go whale watching.
- Relax on a gorgeous beach and partake in some scuba diving when you get restless.
What to Eat and Drink
You simply cannot visit Colombia without sampling some local coffee (known as ‘Tinto’), which you’ll probably receive black and sweetened. Most Colombian food will include meat, vegetables or rice in a delicious soup, pastry or wrap – some delicacies to try include Ajiaco, Arepas, Bandeja Paisa, Tamales, Arroz atollado, Empanadas and Sancocho.
Click here to view all countries Holidaysafe can provide cover for.*
*Please note Holidaysafe does not provide cover for any trip which goes against the advice of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Please check the FCO advice on your chosen destination before booking your trip or purchasing our insurance.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- FREE and secure Customer Area
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- 24/7 access to a UK based GP during your trip
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- Kent-based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Your Money 'Best Online Travel Insurance Provider' 2018
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- The British Travel Awards' Bronze Place in the 'Best Travel Insurance Provider' category 2017
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider of the Year' 2014 & 2016
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.