Egypt Travel Insurance
If you love ancient civilisations and history then Egypt is the destination for you. The country is famous for the awe-inspiring ancient pyramids, but the country also boasts 3,000-year-old temples and Roman streets. If history isn’t your thing, you could relax in one of Egypt’s world-class resorts, indulge in some fantastic scuba and wreck diving, cruise the Nile, or even ride a camel through the Sahara.
If you’re planning a trip to Egypt, just remember to check the FCO’s advice before booking, as certain parts of the country and air space have been deemed unsafe due to recent events. Once you know your trip plans are safe, make sure you invest in quality holiday insurance.*
Benefits of our Policy
If you need travel insurance for Egypt, Holidaysafe offers an award-winning range of travel insurance policies to protect you against unexpected disasters. When you buy a travel insurance policy from Holidaysafe, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, repatriation, cash, travel documents and much more.
- Multiple levels of cover allowing you to choose the best policy for your budget and holiday.
- 100 sports and activities covered as standard.
- Discounts for couples.
- Kids go free on our family policy.
- No small print.
Simply click ‘Get a Quote’ and remember to select ‘Europe’ to be covered for your trip.
Key Contact Details and Important Information
Best Time to Visit
Egypt is mainly hot and dry all year round, however, temperatures reach their height between May and October, so the best time to visit for more comfortable temperatures is between November and April. Remember, if you’re visiting Egypt’s coastline the weather could be cooler and wetter.
What to See and Do
There is so much to see and do in Egypt, but here are some of our favourites to add to your itinerary;
- No trip to Egypt would be complete without visiting the Great Pyramid of Giza.
- Egypt has some of the best scuba diving opportunities in the world, so head to the Red Sea to explore coral reefs and shipwrecks.
- Take a cruise down the Nile and take in all the incredible sights, including the Valley of the Kings.
- Visit Cairo and take in the mix of modern and ancient sights.
What to Eat and Drink
No trip to Egypt would be complete without trying at least one falafel dish, baba ghanoush (pureed aubergine spread), shwarmas and hummus. You should also try karkaday, a flower infused refreshing drink, which is said to be a great hangover cure!
Click here to view all countries Holidaysafe can provide cover for.*
*Please note Holidaysafe does not provide cover for any trip which goes against the advice of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Please check the FCO advice on your chosen destination before booking your trip or purchasing our insurance.
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- FREE and secure Customer Area
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- Kent-based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Your Money 'Best Online Travel Insurance Provider' 2018
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- The British Travel Awards' Bronze Place in the 'Best Travel Insurance Provider' category 2017
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider of the Year' 2014 & 2016
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.