Australia Travel Insurance
In the 18th and 19th Centuries, Brits would have been quaking in their boots at the thought of travelling to Australia, but modern day Oz has advanced way beyond its prison colony past. The country/continent is now one of the most iconic tourist destinations in the world, attracting backpackers and senior travellers alike to marvel at the metropolitan cities, harsh outback and the glorious Great Barrier Reef.
Whether you plan to spend your holiday sightseeing, relaxing on a beautiful beach, or indulging in some more active pursuits, we have a holiday insurance policy to suit any trip to Australia.*
Benefits of our Policy
If you need travel insurance for Australia, Holidaysafe offer an award winning range of worldwide travel insurance policies to protect you against unexpected disasters. When you buy a travel insurance policy from Holidaysafe, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, repatriation, cash, travel documents and much more.
- Multiple levels of cover allowing you to choose the best policy for your budget and holiday.
- 100 sports and activities covered as standard.
- Discounts for couples.
- Kids go free on our family policy.
- No small print.
Simply click ‘Get a Quote’ and remember to select ‘Australia & New Zealand’ or ‘Worldwide Excluding the USA, Caribbean, Canada and Mexico’ to be covered for your trip.
Key Contact Details and Important Information
Don’t forget to register with Medicare as soon as you can once you arrive in Oz, the process is free and you can register up to 10 days after you arrive. There are hundreds of Medicare Offices all over Australia, and registering will ensure you receive discounted or free public health care and medications. The system works very similarly to the EHIC in Europe, so you just have to produce your Medicare Card when seeking treatment.
Best Time to Visit
Australia’s seasons are reversed to ours, so their summer falls between December and March, making it the perfect winter sun destination. During the summer months Australia really comes alive, with events and festivals taking place around the country, however the year round mild weather means that there is no ‘bad’ time to visit Oz.
What to See and Do
With so much to see and do in Australia it will be difficult to fit everything into one trip, however there are four things every traveller should see and do;
- Visit the Sydney Opera House – an iconic part of the Sydney scene, everyone should admire the architecture and then head inside to watch a show.
- Dive the Great Barrier Reef – yes you will probably need to take some dive lessons, but it will be well worth it to see the world’s largest living thing, and one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- Travel into the Outback – to gaze upon the famous Uluru or Ayer’s Rock, which was considered sacred by Australia’s Aboriginal ancestors.
What to Eat and Drink
Local beers are a must try, and the brave will also try some vegemite on toast.
Click here to view all countries Holidaysafe can provide cover for.*
*Please note Holidaysafe does not provide cover for any trip which goes against the advice of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Please check the FCO advice on your chosen destination before booking your trip or purchasing our insurance.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- FREE and secure Customer Area
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- Kent-based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Your Money 'Best Online Travel Insurance Provider' 2018
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- The British Travel Awards' Bronze Place in the 'Best Travel Insurance Provider' category 2017
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider of the Year' 2014 & 2016
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.