Morocco Travel Insurance
Situated at the top of Africa but just a short plane trip from Europe, Morocco is easily Africa’s most popular tourist destination. From the hustle and bustle of the souks to the calm quite of gilded mosques and the desert, Morocco is the perfect destination for anyone wanting to experience a real taste of culture without the long haul flight.
If you’re planning a trip to Morocco, we have a holiday insurance policy to suit you and your trip. *
Benefits of our Policy
If you need travel insurance for Morocco, Holidaysafe offer an award winning range of European travel insurance policies to protect you against unexpected disasters. When you buy a travel insurance policy from Holidaysafe, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, repatriation, cash, travel documents and much more.
- Multiple levels of cover allowing you to choose the best policy for your budget and holiday.
- 100 sports and activities covered as standard.
- Discounts for couples.
- Kids go free on our family policy.
- No small print.
Simply click ‘Get a Quote’ and remember to select ‘Europe’ to be covered for your trip.
Key Contact Details and Important Information
Best Time to Visit
The weather in Morocco varies greatly depending on your destination of choice, and can be quite changeable day to day depending on the time of year you choose to visit. Generally, the best time to visit Morocco is between April and June, or September and November, when the weather is consistently warm and dry.
What to See and Do
There is so much to see and do in Morocco, but here are some of our favourites to add to your itinerary;
- Book a camel trek and overnight stay in the Sahara desert and marvel at the beautiful sunset and night sky.
- Make sure you take a trip to one of Morocco’s many souks and practice your bargaining skills. The market traders expect a bit of bargaining, and you can find some beautiful hand crafted jewellery and souvenirs. Just beware of pickpockets, and anyone trying to lead you away from the crowds.
- Visit the medieval town of Chefchaouen; its blue rinsed buildings make it one of the most beautiful places in Morocco.
- Make sure you soak up the culture in one of Morocco’s ‘old quarters’, either in Marrakech, Fez or Meknes.
What to Eat and Drink
No trip to Morocco would be complete without sampling couscous and an authentic tagine stew, which usually includes meat, spices and dried fruit cooked in a special clay pot. Remember that it isn’t safe to drink the tap water in Morocco, so stick to bottled water, Mint tea or Casablanca Beer – beware of asking for ice in your drink as it could be made from tap water.
Click here to view all countries Holidaysafe can provide cover for.*
*Please note Holidaysafe does not provide cover for any trip which goes against the advice of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Please check the FCO advice on your chosen destination before booking your trip or purchasing our insurance.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- UK based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Which? Recommended Provider for Travel Insurance May 2018
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider of the Year' 2014 & 2016
- The British Travel Awards' Bronze Place in the 'Best Travel Insurance Provider' category 2017
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.