India Travel Insurance
India offers a truly unique travel experience, which cannot be repeated anywhere else on earth. It is an enormous country full of extremes, from beautiful golden temples to underprivileged shantytowns, where religion, history and culture meet to create a colourful kaleidoscopic of experiences.
India is brimming with sights and attractions just waiting to be explored, but because the country is so large and travel is difficult or slow, you must ensure you have holiday insurance to protect yourself and your trip against any unexpected disasters.*
Benefits of our Policy
If you need travel insurance for India, Holidaysafe offers an award-winning range of worldwide travel insurance policies to protect you against unexpected disasters. When you buy a travel insurance policy from Holidaysafe, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, repatriation, cash, travel documents and much more.
- Multiple levels of cover allowing you to choose the best policy for your budget and holiday.
- 100 sports and activities covered as standard.
- Discounts for couples.
- Kids go free on our family policy.
- No small print.
Simply click ‘Get a Quote’ and remember to select ‘Worldwide Excluding the USA, Caribbean, Canada and Mexico’ to be covered for your trip.
Key Contact Details and Important Information
Best Time to Visit
Winter and spring are usually the best times to visit India, especially from November to March, as these months usually offer mild temperatures and good weather. Outside of these periods, you are faced with either visiting India in Monsoon season, or during the summer when temperatures reach unbearable heights.
What to See and Do
There is so much to see and do in India, but here are some of our favourites to add to your itinerary;
- India’s most iconic sight and a monument to undying love, the Taj Mahal, is a must visit for all travellers.
- Relax on one of Goa’s beautiful sun-soaked beaches.
- Visit the Golden Temple, the spiritual home of Sikhism.
- Take a trip to the Bandhavgarh National Park to spot tigers and leopards.
What to Eat and Drink
No trip to India would be complete without tasting some authentic curries – you may be surprised by how much the dishes differ from the Indian food found in the UK. Make sure you also try a cup of Masala chai, a blend of tea, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves all boiled in milk and water.
Click here to view all countries Holidaysafe can provide cover for.*
*Please note Holidaysafe does not provide cover for any trip which goes against the advice of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Please check the FCO advice on your chosen destination before booking your trip or purchasing our insurance.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- FREE and secure Customer Area
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- 24/7 access to a UK based GP during your trip
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- Kent-based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Your Money 'Best Online Travel Insurance Provider' 2018
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- The British Travel Awards' Bronze Place in the 'Best Travel Insurance Provider' category 2017
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider of the Year' 2014 & 2016
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.