Protectif Online Medical Screening
Everyone has some type of medical history, whether that be broken bones, on-going but stable conditions like asthma and diabetes or more serious illnesses like cancer. However, many insurers charge extremely high premiums to cover their customers for these conditions – if they offer cover at all.
At Holidaysafe we understand that everyone is different, and shouldn’t be labelled or pigeonholed just because they have a certain condition. That is why we use the specialist Protectif Medical Risk Rating on our policies.
Protectif has been created to capture more detail about a customer’s individual circumstances and condition, allowing it to more accurately assess the risks and offer a fairer price. The system works by asking you to list your prescribed medication and then the conditions they are linked to, which ensures nothing is accidentally forgotten, and also helps treating doctors if you are taken ill or injured abroad.
Some of the main benefits of using the Protectif system include;
- The way the questions are structured allows us to really understand individual circumstances, including historical stability of a condition, the wellbeing of the whole person, and a common sense approach to the risk this actually poses.
- More than 11,000 medical conditions are listed in its database.
- Asking for details of prescribed medication means that no medical conditions should be forgotten, ensuring full cover is in place for your trip.
- It is supported by research and therefore continually updated to reflect changes in modern medicine and trial treatments.
- Following completion of your quotation and screening, a document detailing your answers will be sent to you for review. If there are any problems or if anything changes prior to travel, just give us a ring and we will update the details for you.
You can complete a medical screening at the same time as obtaining your quote, simply choose the level of cover to suit you and then the system will guide you through the process of declaring your conditions. If you need help, you can live chat with us (if the button is available on the right hand corner of your screen) or you can contact us 8am-8pm Mon-Fri & 9am-5pm Sat-Sun.
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.