Turkey Travel Insurance
With such amazing history, architecture and culture, not forgetting the amazing Turkish cuisine on offer throughout the region, and sandy white beaches with clear blue sea, Turkey really does have a lot to offer as a holiday destination. Here at Holidaysafe, we offer an award-winning range of travel insurance policies for your trip to Turkey, designed to protect you against unforeseen events.
When purchasing a policy from us you will always enjoy the following benefits:
- Kids go free on our family policy!
- 100 sports and activities covered as standard.
- Multiple levels of cover available, allowing you to choose the best policy to suit your needs.
- Cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, repatriation and much more.
- No small print.
Remember to select ‘Europe’ to be covered for travel to Turkey.
Get a Quote
Top Tips For Travelling To Turkey
We always suggest you check the FCO’s website in case of any unforeseen events that may occur before travelling.
Also, please remember that the EHIC is not accepted in Turkey, and so we would advise that you check the FCO’s Health Page which explains what to do in the event of a medical emergency. Our Emergency Medical Assistance Team is open 24/7, always contact them as soon as possible as they can help liaise with hospitals on your behalf.
Please ensure you have the correct visa for travelling to Turkey. The FCO’s website gives you the best places to purchase this before travel. We would advise doing this as it will save you time and money. If you do forget, you should be able to purchase this at the airport upon landing, but it is usually more money and you will have to queue twice, once to purchase the visa, and again for security to check your passport and visa. *
Things to do when visiting Turkey
Turkey generally has good weather the majority of the year, with April, May, September and October being the most pleasant. The summer months are extremely hot, and temperatures can reach between 35-40 degrees. A destination which is rich in amazing weather, culture and architecture, we recommend taking time out to go and see:
- The Blue Mosque – Istanbul
- The Apollo Temple – Altinkum
- Ephesus – Izmir Province
- Pamukkale – Denizli Province (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
Turkey is also known for its amazing cuisine, it’s not all about kebabs, although they are very tasty! With immense flavours that will infuse your pallet, why not try some traditional options such as:
- Su Böreği – Made from dough, and stuffed with cheese and spinach.
- Meze – Different dishes that you can have a little of each. Great to share!
- Pide – Known as the ‘Turkish Pizza’ and comes with a variety of toppings.
- Baklava – A traditional Turkish dessert, and not one to be missed – you can thank us later.
- Apple Tea – Virtually everywhere you go in Turkey you will be offered this, even shops! Luckily it is super yummy and you can have it hot or cold.
Get a Quote
Key Contact Details and Important Information
In recent years Turkey has been victim to several violent incidents, which led to the FCO advising against travel to large parts of the country. However, the majority of the ban has now been lifted (for most parts excluding the area bordering Syria), meaning that tourists can safely travel to Turkey once again*. It is advised to check the latest FCO travel advice to find out whether it’s safe to travel to your destination. Remember, you will not be covered under your travel insurance policy if you travel against the FCO’s guidance.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- FREE and secure Customer Area
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- Kent-based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Your Money 'Best Online Travel Insurance Provider' 2018
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- The British Travel Awards' Bronze Place in the 'Best Travel Insurance Provider' category 2017
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider of the Year' 2014 & 2016
Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.