Peru Travel Insurance
Most first time visitors to Peru go to conquer the Inca Trail and explore the ancient Machu Picchu, and although this is an amazing experience, Peru has so much more to offer. From beautiful beaches and quaint fishing villages to epic hikes and stunning wildlife – not to mention Lake Titicaca and the Nazca Lines.
If you’re planning a trip to Peru, we have a holiday insurance policy suit your plans and budget.*
Benefits of our Policy
If you need travel insurance for Peru, Holidaysafe offers an award-winning range of worldwide travel insurance policies to protect you against unexpected disasters. When you buy a travel insurance policy from Holidaysafe, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, repatriation, cash, travel documents and much more.
- Multiple levels of cover allowing you to choose the best policy for your budget and holiday.
- 100 sports and activities covered as standard.
- Discounts for couples.
- Kids go free on our family policy.
- No small print.
Simply click ‘Get a Quote’ and remember to select ‘Worldwide excluding the USA, Caribbean, Canada and Mexico’ to be covered for your trip.
Key Contact Details and Important Information
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Peru is between May and October, but especially from June to September when you’ll find clear and sunny days and great visibility for the Inca Trail, and fewer mosquitos in the Amazon basin. July and August are the peak tourism months, so avoid if you dislike the crowds.
What to See and Do
There is so much to see and do in Peru, but here are some of our favourites to add to your itinerary;
- If you can withstand the hike then every visitor to Peru should travel the Inca Trail to the ancient city of Machu Picchu.
- Visit the ancient and mysterious Nazca Lines, huge geoglyphs which remained unexplained.
- Hike the spectacular Colca Canyon and spot enormous Andean Condors overhead.
- Surf and relax on the beaches in Menorca.
- Spot tropical wildlife in the Manu National Park.
What to Eat and Drink
If you’re an animal lover or a little squeamish, make sure you know what you’re eating in Peru, as they do like to serve things like Guinea Pig! Some dishes to try include Anticuchos, which is a mince beef kebab and ceviche, made from lime juice and raw fish. If you like your teas then Emoliente is a thick and sticky herbal version, or, if you’d prefer something stronger, try Pisco Sour, a drink made from local grape brandy.
Click here to view all countries Holidaysafe can provide cover for.*
*Please note Holidaysafe does not provide cover for any trip which goes against the advice of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Please check the FCO advice on your chosen destination before booking your trip or purchasing our insurance.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- FREE and secure Customer Area
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- Kent-based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Your Money 'Best Online Travel Insurance Provider' 2018
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- The British Travel Awards' Bronze Place in the 'Best Travel Insurance Provider' category 2017
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider of the Year' 2014 & 2016
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.