Cruise Travel Insurance Extension
If you’re planning a Cruise holiday, we offer a specialist range of extensions on our Single and Multi Trip policies. The Cruise Extension must be added to your policy if you’re planning a cruise*.
The Multi Trip Cruise Extension offers up to 45 days cruising cover during the 12 month policy period, and the Single Trip Cruise Extension will cover the duration of your single trip. Holidaysafe’s range of cruise extensions can provide the following cover;
- Cover for up to 45 days cruising during the 12 month life of your Multi Trip policy.
- Cover for the duration of your Single Trip policy.
- Cancellation cover for the cruise element of your trip (up to the policy limit purchased).
- Up to £500 to cover the cost of pre-paid shore excursions that you are unable to participate in due to injury or illness.
- £100 for each port visit that is cancelled due to adverse weather conditions or timetable restrictions, up to a total of £500.
- £50 per 24 hours that you are confined to your cabin due to injury or illness, up to a maximum of £300.
Simply click our ‘Get a Quote’ button at the top of the page, and choose a policy, e.g. Multi Trip. Then you will be able to choose the Cruise Extension on the options page in the quote process.
*We define a cruise as “a pleasure voyage of more than 72 hours duration, sailing on sea/s or oceans and/or including stops at various ports”.
As well as these added benefits, every Holidaysafe policy includes;
- UK, Europe and World Wide destination options available.
- Multiple levels of cover.
- Cover for 100 sports and activities as standard, with the option to extend your cover to include many more.
- Discounts for couples, single parent families and FREE cover for children under our family policy.
- No small print.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- FREE and secure Customer Area
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- Kent-based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Your Money 'Best Online Travel Insurance Provider' 2018
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- The British Travel Awards' Bronze Place in the 'Best Travel Insurance Provider' category 2017
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider of the Year' 2014 & 2016
According to recent scientific investigations, pollution levels are 60 times higher than ‘fresh air’ on cruise ships. The research, commissioned by Thalassa (a French documentary television series), was carried out on abroad a ship leaving Marseille, and is now warning people against the potential health implications.
According to the Association of British Travel Agents’ (ABTA’s) annual Holiday Habits report, cruising is currently the 7th most popular holiday type, with 8% of all Brits taking a cruise in the last 12 months. Of these people, 68% would be happy to go on another cruise, with only 32% preferring not to cruise again.
Last month the World’s largest cruise ship (330 foot longer than the Titanic) set sail from Southampton for its maiden voyage. The ship, which is longer than four football pitches and the Eiffel Tower at 1,188 feet long, can carry 6,780 passengers and is worth a cool £800million.
Are you considering your first cruise, but aren’t sure of cruising protocol? We’ve got you covered!
At the 2017 CES Gadget Show in Las Vegas, Carnival Cruises unveiled futuristic technology which will be debuted on their Royal Princess ship this year. The technology centres on giving all passengers a wearable coin-sized ‘medallion’ tracker, which will help the ship and crew better serve the customer.
Carnival has launched its newest and most innovative cruise ship to date; ‘the Vista’, which promises to ‘switch on the fun’ for its passengers (both young and old), including a water park, brewery, cinema, non-stop port visits and adrenaline pumping SkyRide.
Travel Tips & Advice
Cruising is an amazing way to explore the world, but planning your first cruise can be very daunting – after all, it isn’t as easy as jumping on a plane and hitting the beach. To help anyone planning their first ever cruise, we’ve created this handy guide.
Introduction For many people, a cruise holiday would be a dream come true; the kind of exciting experience that finds itself on numerous bucket lists. It’s something that is greatly anticipated for months and months in advance. A cruise, after all, isn’t typically the kind of cheap holiday you can just take last minute – […]
Cruises offer a completely unique type of holiday which is reflected in their popularity; somewhat surprisingly the increase in cruise travellers comes from a much wider demographic than the typical older generation you would expect. The increase in popularity can largely be put down to the lengths the cruise industry has gone to, to ensure […]
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.