Cruise Travel Insurance Extension
If you’re planning a Cruise holiday, we offer a specialist range of extensions on our Single and Annual Multi Trip policies. The Cruise Extension must be added to your policy if you’re planning a cruise*.
The Annual Multi-Trip Cruise Extension offers up to 45 days cruising cover during the 12 month policy period, and the Single Trip Cruise Extension will cover the duration of your single trip.
Holidaysafe’s range of cruise extensions can provide the following cover:
- The Annual Multi-Trip Cruise Extension offers up to 45 days cruising cover during the 12 month policy period, and the Single Trip Cruise Extension will cover the duration of your single trip.
- Cover for up to 45 days cruising during the 12-month life of your Annual Multi Trip policy.
- Cover for the duration of your Single Trip policy.
- Cancellation cover for the cruise element of your trip (up to the cover limit of the policy that you purchased)
- Up to £500 to cover the cost of pre-paid shore excursions that you are unable to participate in due to injury or illness.
- £300 for each port visit that is cancelled due to adverse weather conditions or timetable restrictions, up to a total of £1,500.
- £200 per 24 hours that you are confined to your cabin due to injury or illness, up to a maximum of £1,000. Please note, cabin confinement due to Covid is only covered with the Cruise AND Covid extension.
Simply click our ‘Get a Quote’ button at the top of the page, and choose a policy, e.g. Annual Multi Trip. Then you will be able to choose the Cruise Extension on the options page in the quote process.
*We define a cruise as a trip involving a sea voyage of more than 3 days in total duration, where transportation and accommodation is primarily on an ocean going passenger ship.
As well as these added benefits, every Holidaysafe policy includes:
- UK, Europe and World Wide destination options available
- Multiple levels of cover
- Cover for 100 sports and activities as standard, with the option to extend your cover to include many more
- Discounts for couples, single parent families and more!
- Clear and concise policy wordings
- To find out more benefits of our travel insurance, read our dedicated travel insurance benefits page
Cruise tips and advice
- Cruising holidays can be expensive so travel insurance may seem like a low priority – surely, you’re not likely to lose your luggage or be mugged out at sea!? However, when you go on a specialist holiday it is absolutely vital that you invest in specialist travel insurance. Could you afford to lose all the money you’ve paid for your cruise holiday if you had to cancel? To help you get a policy that covers you for what you might need, here is our advice for buying Cruise travel insurance:
- Firstly, make sure the policy actually covers cruising; always opt for a specialist policy to make sure you get the best cover. At Holidaysafe, you can add cruise extension to a single or annual multi-trip policy.
- Check your pre-paid excursions are covered under the cancellation section of the policy.
- Make sure the insurance will cover you for the entire duration of your trip and is the correct cover for the country you’re visiting.
- If you’re thinking about or planning to participate in activities such as scuba diving or golf during your trip, ensure that these are covered.
When you buy a cruise travel insurance policy you should check that:
- You have declared any pre-existing medical conditions, and make sure your policy covers them. If you have not declared your conditions you will not be covered for any subsequent bills.
- The cancellation cover is enough to cover the pre-paid costs of your trip.
- The policy covers your baggage and personal possessions if they become lost, damaged or stolen.
- The insurance includes at least two million pounds of emergency medical cover and repatriation (£5 million if travelling worldwide). This may seem extreme but medical treatment abroad can become extremely expensive.
Holidaysafe has been rated 4.6 out of 5 based on over 16,500 customer reviews on Trustpilot.
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate tables since 2010 ᶤ
- Award-Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!*
- FREE and SECURE Customer Area
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate tables since 2010 ᶤ
- Finalists - 'Best Travel Insurance Provider' in the 2022 Insurance Choice Awards
- Your Money 'Best Online Travel Insurance Provider' in 2018
- The British Travel Awards' Bronze Place in the 'Best Travel Insurance Provider' Category in 2017
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' in 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider of the Year' 2014 & 2016 More Info
Holidaysafe Voted Travel Insurance Provider of the Year at the 2014 Consumer Moneyfacts Awards!
Travel Tips & Advice
When you’re about to go on holiday, often, the only thing on your mind is how soon you’ll be on a sun lounger, sitting back and forgetting about the ins and outs of your day-to-day life. But with the cost of living increasing around the world, being vigilant and aware of scams is more important […]
Cruising is an amazing way to explore the world, but planning your first cruise can be very daunting – after all, it isn’t as easy as jumping on a plane and hitting the beach. To help anyone planning their first ever cruise, we’ve created this handy guide.
Introduction For many people, a cruise holiday would be a dream come true; the kind of exciting experience that finds itself on numerous bucket lists. It’s something that is greatly anticipated for months and months in advance. A cruise, after all, isn’t typically the kind of cheap holiday you can just take last minute – […]
☆The Which? Best Rate feature applies to Holidaysafe’s Premier cover, based on a 24-day Single Trip policy with Worldwide cover, including the USA. The table was last updated on Which?’s website on 30/06/2023.
*Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.