Cruise Travel Insurance Extension
If you’re planning a Cruise holiday, we offer a specialist range of extensions on our Single and Multi Trip policies. The Cruise Extension must be added to your policy if you’re planning a cruise*.
The Multi-Trip Cruise Extension offers up to 45 days cruising cover during the 12 month policy period, and the Single Trip Cruise Extension will cover the duration of your single trip. Holidaysafe’s range of cruise extensions can provide the following cover;
- Cover for up to 45 days cruising during the 12-month life of your Multi Trip policy.
- Cover for the duration of your Single Trip policy.
- Cancellation cover for the cruise element of your trip (up to the policy limit purchased).
- Up to £500 to cover the cost of pre-paid shore excursions that you are unable to participate in due to injury or illness.
- £100 for each port visit that is cancelled due to adverse weather conditions or timetable restrictions, up to a total of £500.
- £50 per 24 hours that you are confined to your cabin due to injury or illness, up to a maximum of £300.
Simply click our ‘Get a Quote’ button at the top of the page, and choose a policy, e.g. Multi Trip. Then you will be able to choose the Cruise Extension on the options page in the quote process.
*We define a cruise as “a pleasure voyage of more than 72 hours duration, sailing on sea/s or oceans and/or including stops at various ports”.
As well as these added benefits, every Holidaysafe policy includes;
- UK, Europe and World Wide destination options available.
- Multiple levels of cover.
- Cover for 100 sports and activities as standard, with the option to extend your cover to include many more.
- Discounts for couples, single parent families and FREE cover for children under our family policy.
- No small print.
Get a Quote
Cruise tips and advice
Cruising holidays can be expensive so travel insurance may seem like a low priority – surely, you’re not likely to lose your luggage or be mugged out at sea!?
However, when you go on a specialist holiday it is absolutely vital that you invest in specialist travel insurance. Could you afford to lose all the money you’ve paid for your cruise holiday if you had to cancel?
To help you get the best policy for the best price, here is our advice for buying Cruise travel insurance:
- Firstly, make sure the policy actually covers cruising; always opt for a specialist policy to make sure you get the best cover. At Holidaysafe, you can add cruise extension to a single or multi-trip policy.
- Check your pre-paid excursions are covered under the cancellation section of the policy.
- Make sure the insurance will cover you for the entire duration of your trip and is the correct cover for the country you’re visiting.
- If you’re thinking about or planning to participate in activities such as scuba diving or golf during your trip, ensure that these are covered.
When you buy a cruise travel insurance policy you should check that:
- You have declared any pre-existing medical conditions, and make sure your policy covers them. If you have not declared your conditions you will not be covered for any subsequent bills.
- The cancellation cover is enough to cover the pre-paid costs of your trip.
- The policy covers your baggage and personal possessions if they become lost, damaged or stolen.
- The insurance includes at least two million pounds of emergency medical cover and repatriation (£5 million if travelling worldwide). This may seem extreme but medical treatment abroad can become extremely expensive.
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- FREE and secure Customer Area
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- Kent-based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Your Money 'Best Online Travel Insurance Provider' 2018
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- The British Travel Awards' Bronze Place in the 'Best Travel Insurance Provider' category 2017
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider of the Year' 2014 & 2016
Holidaysafe Voted Travel Insurance Provider of the Year at the 2014 Consumer Moneyfacts Awards!
Travel Tips & Advice
Cruising is an amazing way to explore the world, but planning your first cruise can be very daunting – after all, it isn’t as easy as jumping on a plane and hitting the beach. To help anyone planning their first ever cruise, we’ve created this handy guide.
Introduction For many people, a cruise holiday would be a dream come true; the kind of exciting experience that finds itself on numerous bucket lists. It’s something that is greatly anticipated for months and months in advance. A cruise, after all, isn’t typically the kind of cheap holiday you can just take last minute – […]
Cruises offer a completely unique type of holiday which is reflected in their popularity; somewhat surprisingly the increase in cruise travellers comes from a much wider demographic than the typical older generation you would expect. The increase in popularity can largely be put down to the lengths the cruise industry has gone to, to ensure […]
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.