Coronavirus Update: Premier Plus and Platinum Single Trip and Multi Trip Policies Now Include Additional Cover for Coronavirus



To enable us to direct you to the right agent, please select from below

Slide background Image layer

France Travel Insurance

Image layer Discounts for Couples Image layer Multiple levels of cover Image layer Kids go free on our Family policy Get a Quote Retrieve a Quote

France Travel Insurance


France is universally held as one of the most romantic destinations in the world. Millions of couples head to Paris each year to get engaged or fall in love all over again beneath the Eiffel Tower. However, France has so much more to offer; from fashion and art to historic castles and epic winter sports resorts, France is a truly diverse destination which can be enjoyed by all.
If you’re planning a trip to France, we have a holiday insurance policy to suit your trip and budget.*

Benefits of our Policy

If you need travel insurance for France, Holidaysafe offers an award-winning range of European travel insurance policies to protect you against unexpected disasters. When you buy a travel insurance policy from Holidaysafe, you will enjoy the following benefits:

  • Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, repatriation, cash, travel documents and much more.
  • Multiple levels of cover allowing you to choose the best policy for your budget and holiday.
  • 100 sports and activities covered as standard.
  • Discounts for couples.
  • Kids go free on our family policy.
  • No small print.

Simply click ‘Get a Quote’ and remember to select ‘Europe’ to be covered for your trip.

Key Contact Details and Important Information


Don’t forget to order or take your free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) when travelling in Europe, just in case you need to seek medical treatment during your trip. The World Health Organisation lists the French health system as No 1 in the world! In most cases, your EHIC covers 80% of the cost of treatment in a public hospital and we can pick up the remaining 20% as part of your claim, so don’t forget to take your EHIC with you.

Best Time to Visit

Choosing when to visit France completely depends on the type of holiday you’re planning. If you’re heading for fresh powder in the mountains then winter is best, however, if you’re planning a city break then spring and autumn will be best for you. The most popular time to visit France is during the summer months, which offers a better chance of sunshine but much bigger crowds.

What to See and Do

Ski in the Alps, climb to the top of the Eiffel tower, take the kids to Disneyland Paris, live like a celebrity in the glamorous Cote d’Azur – the list of things to see and do are endless.

What to Eat and Drink

France is famous for its amazing food and wine, so make sure you eat in an authentic French restaurant and try such classics as snails, croissants, macaroons and frog’s legs.
Click here to view all countries Holidaysafe can provide cover for.*
*Please note Holidaysafe does not provide cover for any trip which goes against the advice of the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO). Please check the FCDO advice on your chosen destination before booking your trip or purchasing our insurance.

Get a Quote

Why Holidaysafe?
  • Award Winning Travel Insurance
  • Save 15% Online!
  • FREE and secure Customer Area
  • 14 Day Cooling Off Period
  • Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
  • 24/7 access to a UK based GP during your trip
  • 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
  • Kent-based Customer Service Team
  • And Much More

Award Winning Travel Insurance

  • Your Money 'Best Online Travel Insurance Provider' 2018
  • Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
  • The British Travel Awards' Bronze Place in the 'Best Travel Insurance Provider' category 2017
  • Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
  • Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider of the Year' 2014 & 2016
  • More Info

Popular Policies

Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.