Italy Travel Insurance
The hub of history, architecture, fashion, art, wine and so much more; Italy is a destination packed full of attractions, enough to last an entire lifetime of visits. In fact, Italy holds the record for the most UNESCO World Heritage sites in the world, with over 50 spread throughout the country – so an Italian holiday will not be a boring one.
Whether you fancy a sightseeing trip to Rome, a romantic break in Venice or a relaxing holiday on the Amalfi coast, we have a holiday insurance policy to suit your budget or needs. *
Benefits of our Policy
If you need travel insurance for Italy, Holidaysafe offers an award-winning range of European travel insurance policies to protect you against unexpected disasters. When you buy a travel insurance policy from Holidaysafe, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, repatriation, cash, travel documents and much more.
- Multiple levels of cover allowing you to choose the best policy for your budget and holiday.
- 100 sports and activities covered as standard.
- Discounts for couples.
- Kids go free on our family policy.
- No small print.
Simply click ‘Get a Quote’ and remember to select ‘Europe’ to be covered for your trip.
Key Contact Details and Important Information
Italy is No 2 in the World Health Organisation’s ranking of health systems in the world (the UK is down at No 18) so while we hope you won’t need medical care, you can rest assured you’ll get great care if you do. Don’t forget to order or take your free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) when travelling in Europe, just in case you need to seek medical treatment during your trip. If you do use the card during your holiday, we’ll waive the policy excess on any medical claim you need to make.
Best Time to Visit
Like the majority of European countries, the most popular time to visit Italy for great weather is between June and August, but the sea stays warm between June and September. However, if you’re planning to sightsee then you’ll find shorter queues, blue skies and cooler weather in Spring or Autumn.
What to See and Do
Where to begin? Florence, Venice, Naples, Milan are all stunning destinations within Italy and definitely worth a visit. However, Rome is usually the destination which makes everyone’s bucket list. Visit the smallest country in the world – The Vatican City, explore the Coliseum, throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain, step back in time at the Spanish Steps, and watch the world go by at the Pantheon.
What to Eat and Drink
Italy is renowned for its amazing cuisine, so make sure you sample some authentic lasagne, spaghetti and pizza – to name but a few dishes. The wine is also spectacular.
Click here to view all countries Holidaysafe can provide cover for.*
*Please note Holidaysafe does not provide cover for any trip which goes against the advice of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Please check the FCO advice on your chosen destination before booking your trip or purchasing our insurance.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- FREE and secure Customer Area
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- Kent-based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Your Money 'Best Online Travel Insurance Provider' 2018
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- The British Travel Awards' Bronze Place in the 'Best Travel Insurance Provider' category 2017
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider of the Year' 2014 & 2016
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.