Malaysia Travel Insurance
An extremely popular Southeast Asian travel destination, Malaysia offers a perfect mix of metropolitan and relaxation. From the world’s tallest twin towers to white sand beaches and rainforests, Malaysia is the perfect destination for anyone looking to relax, scuba dive or explore a truly culturally interesting place.
Whether you want to relax on a beach or hike Mount Kinabalu, we offer holiday insurance to suit any trip to Malaysia.*
Benefits of our Policy
If you need travel insurance for Malaysia, Holidaysafe offers an award-winning range of worldwide travel insurance policies to protect you against unexpected disasters. When you buy a travel insurance policy from Holidaysafe, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, repatriation, cash, travel documents and much more.
- Multiple levels of cover allowing you to choose the best policy for your budget and holiday.
- 100 sports and activities covered as standard.
- Discounts for couples.
- Kids go free on our family policy.
- No small print.
Simply click ‘Get a Quote’ and remember to select ‘Worldwide Excluding the USA, Caribbean, Canad and Mexico’ to be covered for your trip.
Key Contact Details and Important Information
Best Time to Visit
Malaysia has a tropical climate so you will find high temperatures all year round, however, it is best to visit the country between April and October to avoid the monsoon season, which runs from November to February. If you struggle with humidity, try heading to the highland region in northern Malaysia, where temperatures will be cooler than on the coast.
What to See and Do
There is so much to see and do in Indonesia, but here are some of our favourites to add to your itinerary;
- Malaysia is home to the world’s tallest twin towers called The Petronas Towers, walk the sky bridge for spectacular views.
- If you’re feeling active you can hike Mount Kinabalu and survey the surrounding national park.
- Pulau Sipadan is a beautiful island which any diver or snorkeler should visit.
- Haggle at the vibrant Petaling Street market.
- Visit the Batu Caves, a pilgrimage site decorated with Hindu shrines and paintings.
What to Eat and Drink
Make sure you try Malaysian coffee (Kopi) and pulled tea (The Tarik) with a shot of condensed milk. When it comes to food, there are a range of delicacies to try, but no trip to Malaysia would be complete without trying Sate, Nasi Goreng and Nasi Lemak (beware if you’re allergic to nuts!).
Click here to view all countries Holidaysafe can provide cover for.*
*Please note Holidaysafe does not provide cover for any trip which goes against the advice of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Please check the FCO advice on your chosen destination before booking your trip or purchasing our insurance.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- FREE and secure Customer Area
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- Kent-based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Your Money 'Best Online Travel Insurance Provider' 2018
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- The British Travel Awards' Bronze Place in the 'Best Travel Insurance Provider' category 2017
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider of the Year' 2014 & 2016
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.