Portugal Travel Insurance
If your idea of the perfect holiday is to explore utterly stunning beaches and enjoy year round sunshine, then Portugal might just be your dream destination. Let’s face it, some European beaches can become samey and boring – miles of sand, sea and relaxing bodies, but in Portugal, especially the Algarve, you will find small coves, gorgeous rock formations and crystal clear waters.
However, it would be unfair to only speak of its beaches, as just a short flight away from the UK; Portugal is also famed for its culture, history and architecture. If you need Holidaysafe insurance for Portugal, we have a policy to suit your trip and budget. *
Benefits of our Policy
If you need travel insurance for Portugal, Holidaysafe offer an award winning range of European travel insurance policies to protect you against unexpected disasters. When you buy a travel insurance policy from Holidaysafe, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, repatriation, cash, travel documents and much more.
- Multiple levels of cover allowing you to choose the best policy for your budget and holiday.
- 100 sports and activities covered as standard.
- Discounts for couples.
- Kids go free on our family policy.
- No small print.
Simply click ‘Get a Quote’ and remember to select ‘Europe’ to be covered for your trip.
Key Contact Details and Important Information
Don’t forget to order or take your free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) when travelling in Europe, just in case you need to seek medical treatment during your trip. If you do use the card during your holiday, we’ll waive the policy excess on any medical claim you need to make.
Best Time to Visit
As with most European destinations, Portugal is at its hottest and most popular during the summer months, however the best time to visit is usually Spring and early Autumn, when temperatures are slightly cooler.
The winter months are usually warm albeit a little rainy, so it’s well worth a visit if you’re looking for a winter sun destination.
What to See and Do
There is so much which can be added to a Portuguese itinerary that you might just have to make several trips to tick it all off, but here are some of our favourites;
- A trip to one of the many beaches in the Algarve is a must, take a dip in the sea, explore the rocks and then find a spot to waste away the day with a good book.
- Jump on a tram and enjoy a ride through Lisbon’s beautiful and historic neighbourhoods.
- Visit Porto’s Roverfront – now a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Take a stroll through the Feira De Barcelos, a traditional rural market which will give you a true taste of Portugal.
- Rolling Atlantic waves make Portugal, and especially Peniche, a great place to try some surfing.
What to Eat and Drink
The wine and port are especially lovely in Portugal, and authentic Piri-piri chicken is a must try.
Click here to view all countries Holidaysafe can provide cover for.*
*Please note Holidaysafe does not provide cover for any trip which goes against the advice of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Please check the FCO advice on your chosen destination before booking your trip or purchasing our insurance.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- UK based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Which? Recommended Provider for Travel Insurance May 2018
- Your Money 'Best Online Travel Insurance Provider' 2018
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- The British Travel Awards' Bronze Place in the 'Best Travel Insurance Provider' category 2017
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider of the Year' 2014 & 2016
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.