Holidaysafe’s travel policies are underwritten by tifgroup on behalf of Union Reiseversicherung AG (URV) – tifgroup is the UK representative of URV and manages its UK and Ireland branch office.
We are extremely proud to be a part of tigroup. At tifgroup we don’t take the path of ‘least resistance’, we never do the cheapest or easiest thing, we always take the course of action which is best for our customers and their individual circumstances. For more information on tifgroup’s philosophies, including why we work the way that we do here, please click here.
URV is part of Germany’s largest banking group, Versicherungskammer Bayern Group which has 570 regional companies, 19000 local agencies and a 38% share of the German market.
URV has operated in the UK market for over 15 years and is committed to providing consistent service to its customers. More information on Union Reiseversicherung can be found at www.urv.de
Union Reiseversicherung AG is authorised in Germany by BAFin and subject to limited regulation in the United Kingdom by the Financial Conduct Authority Union Reiseversicherung AG is a member of the Financial ConductCompensation Scheme which offers you protection in the event that the Insurer is not financially able to meet its liabilities in respect of your claim, the FSCS can cover up to 100 % of the first £2,000 plus 90% of the remainder of the claim.
tifgroup is authorised and regulated in the United Kingdom by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Furthermore, because we understand how important gadgets are to the modern traveller, we have also linked up with Bastion Insurance Services Ltd to provide our customers with cover for lost, stolen or damaged gadgets during their travels (either as standard or as part of an optional extension).
- For policies purchased up to 31st March 2016: This section of our policies is administered by Supercover Insurance Ltd with UK General Insurance Limited on behalf of Ageas Insurance Limited.
- For policies purchased from 1st April 2016 to 31st October 2017: This section of our policies is administered by Supercover Insurance Ltd with UK General Insurance Limited on behalf of Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE. Supercover Insurance Ltd and UK General Insurance Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
- For policies from 1st November 2017 onwards: This section of our policies is administered by Bastion Insurance Services Ltd with UK General Insurance Limited on behalf of Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE. Bastion Insurance Services Ltd and UK General Insurance Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Finally, to ensure our customers have protection against unexpected disasters like scheduled airlines failure, we have linked up with MGA Cover Services Limited, to offer dedicated ‘financial failure’ cover (either as standard or as an optional extra). Your financial failure extension is underwritten by MGA Cover Services Limited under binding agreement with CBL Insurance Europe Limited.
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Your Money 'Best Online Travel Insurance Provider' 2018
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- The British Travel Awards' Bronze Place in the 'Best Travel Insurance Provider' category 2017
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider of the Year' 2014 & 2016
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.