Canada Travel Insurance
If you want to escape the rat race and reconnect with nature, then Canada offers the ultimate ‘great outdoors’ experience. Whether you want to hike, canoe, fish, or ski, Canada has some amazing experiences and activities just waiting for you.
However, Canada has so much more to offer than towering mountains and pristine lakes, Canada’s cities also offer a range of restaurants, parks and museums to keep even the most metropolitan traveller happy.
If you’re planning a trip to Canada, we have a holiday insurance policy to suit your budget and trip.*
Benefits of our Policy
If you need travel insurance for Canada, Holidaysafe offers an award-winning range of worldwide travel insurance policies to protect you against unexpected disasters. When you buy a travel insurance policy from Holidaysafe, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, repatriation, cash, travel documents and much more.
- Multiple levels of cover allowing you to choose the best policy for your budget and holiday.
- 100 sports and activities covered as standard.
- Discounts for couples.
- Kids go free on our family policy.
- No small print.
Simply click ‘Get a Quote’ and remember to select ‘Worldwide excluding Mexico’ to be covered for your trip.
Key Contact Details and Important Information
Canada, along with the United States, has some of the most expensive healthcare on the planet for temporary visitors. Always contact the 24-hour assistance helpline even for minor treatment.
Best Time to Visit
This will completely depend on your destination of choice, as Canada’s weather differs between regions and your trip type; for example, skiers will find the best powder over the winter months, whereas nature lovers will enjoy the autumn foliage. Overall the best time to visit Canada is usually in the summer for great weather, but May and September should offer good weather and smaller crowds.
What to See and Do
Canada is a very large country, and with such diverse activities on offer, you may not be able to tick everything off your list in one trip. To help you get started, here are some of our favourite activities;
- Canada is known for its stunning national parks, so make sure you walk or hike around at least one – Banff is a great choice.
- If you like sport then watching an Ice Hockey match is a must for a taste of Canadian culture.
- Get a panoramic view of Toronto by reaching the top of the CN Tower.
- Visit Niagara Falls – a boat ride is a must to get the best view.
- Ski in the Canadian Rockies.
What to Eat and Drink
Pancakes with maple syrup are a must try for breakfast and fresh British Columbia salmon for dinner. Drink ice wine or ice cider from Ontario for a true taste of Canada.
Click here to view all countries Holidaysafe can provide cover for.*
*Please note Holidaysafe does not provide cover for any trip which goes against the advice of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Please check the FCO advice on your chosen destination before booking your trip or purchasing our insurance.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- FREE and secure Customer Area
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- Kent-based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Your Money 'Best Online Travel Insurance Provider' 2018
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- The British Travel Awards' Bronze Place in the 'Best Travel Insurance Provider' category 2017
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider of the Year' 2014 & 2016
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.