UK Travel Insurance
Many people think that they only need to buy travel insurance when travelling outside of the UK. However, a large part of what travel insurance covers you for is still just as appropriate for UK staycation holidays.
With the prices of a lot of staycation holidays at their peak, it has never been a better time to get cover for those unforeseen events to prevent you losing out financially.
As holidays abroad this summer are still up in the air, we wanted to support those looking to escape ‘coronavirus cabin fever’, and wanting to create precious memories in the UK with their family, with our excellent Staycation Plus product.
We believe our Staycation Plus cover will be perfectly suited to your needs, providing up to £2.5k cancellation cover per person, £2.5k for possessions cover and a low £25 excess. It also offers unique features such as vehicle breakdown cover and cover for event tickets for those festival and event goers.
Get a Quote
What Does Our UK Travel Insurance Include?
- Prices start from as little as £7.69*
- Single Trip and Multi Trip policies available
- No upper age limits
- Cover with all the usual travel insurance benefits, plus specialist cover tailored for UK breaks, such as Vehicle Breakdown cover (detailed below), cover for Event tickets, Property Damage cover and Attraction closure cover.
- We will pay up to £500 for the reimbursement of emergency call-out fees and labour charges including recovery to the nearest garage which are not covered by any other policy i.e. vehicle breakdown policy
- Cancellation cover if you or anyone else named on the policy test positive COVID 14 days before you are due to travel*
- Cover for denied boarding as a result of having COVID*
- Cover to come home early as a result of getting COVID*
- Convenient 24/7 access to a UK based GP at any time during your trip
- Discounts for couples
- Award-winning cover
- Cruise cover for UK sailings included as standard
Holidaysafe has been rated 9.1 out of 10 based on over 8,000 customer reviews on Trustpilot.
Get a Quote
Medical Conditions -
All Holidaysafe Travel Insurance policies are able to include cover for hundreds of medical conditions, and declaring them online is quick and simple thanks to the specialist Protectif medical risk rating service. Some of the most common ones include:
- High blood pressure / hypertension
- High cholesterol
- Underactive thyroid / hypothyroidism
- Diabetes (both type 1 and type 2)
- Food allergies and intolerance
- Heart conditions
- and many more…
Holidaysafe Insurance has been rated 4.6 / 10 based on 15571 customer reviews
"I am very happy with this price, you’re very competitive. I have been with the same insurer for years but decided to shop around, and they were about double your price!"
Mrs Edgar, Devon
Read More Reviews
“Many thanks for your excellent customer service and I will certainly recommend and use this company again.”
Mr Smith, Hartlepool
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- FREE and secure Customer Area
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- 24/7 access to a UK based GP during your trip
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- Kent-based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Your Money 'Best Online Travel Insurance Provider' 2018
- Featured in the Which? Best Rate Tables since 2010
- The British Travel Awards' Bronze Place in the 'Best Travel Insurance Provider' category 2017
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider of the Year' 2014 & 2016
Our existing customers have used this policy for;
Get a Quote
- Beach Holidays
- City Breaks
- Adventures Abroad
- New Experiences
- Relaxing Retreats
- Cultural Experiences
What is the age limit on Single Trip policies? Our Single Trip policies have no upper age limits, so we can provide cover for anyone 80+ subject to medical screening and their destination of choice. Do the sums insured benefit the whole group or each person? The sums insured apply to each individual person covered by the policy. What do you define as a medical condition? The Holidaysafe policy defines a Medical Condition as any serious or recurring medical condition which has been previously diagnosed, investigated or treated in any way, at any time prior to buying the insurance, even if this condition is currently considered to be stable and under control. How long in advance can I quote/purchase Single Trip Travel Insurance? Unfortunately, we cannot quote you for more than a year in advance. Please bear this in mind before contacting us as we don’t want to disappoint you. Just come back once your holiday is within the year time frame! View All
2020 will forever be the Year of Lockdown, the year our holiday plans were cancelled or put on hold, and nothing got ticked off our travel bucket lists. Nevertheless, we must look forward to a time when travel restrictions will be lifted, and travel to all the amazing places the world has to offer will […]
Here at Holidaysafe HQ we understand that after months of staring at the same four walls, most of us are now daydreaming about exotic beaches, beautiful cities – or simply going somewhere different for a change in scenery. However, with ever-changing advice from the Government, it can be difficult to know where we can actually […]
As the New Year approaches, we know a lot of you will be starting to make your new year travel resolutions. With research being the hardest part of picking a holiday (and with so many destinations to choose from) we thought we’d give you a heads up on the most popular holiday destinations predicated in […]
Travel Tips & Advice
If you’re a true foodie, then travelling to sample Europe’s best dishes will be top of your bucket list. To help anyone planning a delicious European trip, we’ve listed our top five European destinations based on their food, plus information on key dishes to wet your appetite. Italy Italian food is now widely available all […]
Sometimes we all need a break to disconnect with the stresses and strains of everyday life, and reconnect with the ones we love. Whether that means a quick weekend away or a full on holiday, we’ve packed this page full of tips and advice to plan the ultimate romantic city break. Choosing a romantic destination […]
There a few key destinations which will instantly spring to mind when most people think about a city break; Paris, Rome and Amsterdam are just a few of the most popular. However, if you’re looking for a fresh spin on the city break, then we’ve listed our top 10 alternative destinations for you to try.
*Staycation Travel Insurance – pricing based on a 30 year old travelling round the UK for four days. **Price based on a 30 year old taking a 4 day break in Europe
*Ts and Cs apply
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.