Our snowboarding travel insurance covers all levels of snowboarding whether you are a beginner or a black run pro you can rest assured that you are fully insured for every eventuality. As well as covering you for all of the snowboarding aspects of your holiday such as avalanche closure, equipment cover and liability our snowboard holiday insurance also covers medical expenses, cancellation, cutting short your trip, legal expenses, personal possessions and baggage delay and personal money cover.
Snowboarding and skiing holidays are fantastic for the whole family, but staying safe on the slopes should always be considered. It’s important to remember a few key rules whilst on the slopes:
- As a snowboarder you face sideways when travelling down the slopes, so a blind spot is created behind you. It’s important to keep aware of your surroundings especially when making a heel edge turn.
- Keeping within the boundary limits of the slopes is important.
- Always take to the slopes with a friend, you’ll always have someone keeping an eye on you should you get into trouble.
- Follow the etiquette of the slopes, those in front and below you have right of way.
- Know your limits, if you’re a beginner, make sure you’re comfortable on the beginner slopes before moving onto more difficult runs.
Insurance for snowboarding off piste
Under our winter sports policies, we cover on and off piste snowboarding in resorts as standard for no additional premium (under activity pack three). ‘In resort’ is defined as an area which has prepared ski runs and groomed slopes and is services by lists and tows which operate seasonally.
If you are snowboarding outside of this defined area, you may need to purchase an additional activity extension pack. Please give us a call to discuss your requirements.
Is mountain rescue included in my cover?
Yes, any mountain rescue costs which were deemed medically necessary would be covered by all of our policies under the Medical Emergency section of the wording.
Snowboarding for a full season, what insurance is right for me?
If you are looking to work a ski season on the slopes you may need an extended policy which covers you for the full length of time you are away. In this case a long stay policy might be right for you. Contact us for more information about which policy will best suit your needs.