If you’re going on a cruise, you must make sure you have packed the correct wardrobe. Whether you are sunbathing on deck, swimming, exploring the shore or dining, you will need a mix of clothes. Remember that some cruise events can be extremely formal, and you will not be allowed to partake unless you have the correct attire.
Do not panic! Here is our guide to cruise attire, and cruise packing guidelines;
For the day time…
- Light and loose fitting clothing, e.g. t-shirts, skirts, shorts – if going somewhere warm.
- Remember that the evenings may be cool even in a hot climate, so make sure you pack a few jumpers.
- Hat, scarf, gloves, thick coats and jumpers – if going somewhere cold.
- Comfortable shoes.
- Activity clothing, e.g. shorts and t-shirts.
- If you will be visiting any religious places or conservative countries, make sure you bring clothes which will cover you and show respect.
For the evening…
- Make sure you have a mix of formal and smart-casual clothes; this should prepare you for all events.
- Men – tuxedo, suit with ties, shirts, polo shirts, chinos.
- Women – dresses or smart outfits, formal and cocktail dresses or trouser suits.
- Smart shoes to match outfits.
In general make sure you pack…
- Sun protection.
- Guide book.
- Phrase book.
- Travel insurance documents.
- EHIC (if travelling within Europe).
- Photocopies of all your important travel documents and prescriptions (just in case).
- Sun glasses.
- Sun hat.
Enjoy cruising in style!